Where will you be on Friday?

Colin Payne

So guys, the end is nigh! Any of you lucky enuff to be fishing on Friday? I'll be down the Basingstoke Canal (yes it closes) in Woking hoping to bang out a few nice Perch!

Have you planned for the start of the season yet?

Do you have a regular place that you start with or is wait a few months and plan something then?

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Colin, I've been fishing the Basingstoke canal quite a bit recently myself. The pike seem to be practically jumping out of there!!

This Friday is a final piking session down The Royalty. Haven't had a fish out of there yet, but I'm confident for Friday. Hoping a 20 is coming my way. Haven't thought about the start of the seaon yet, the canal maybe, but more likely to want to get my trotting gear out on one of the rivers around here.

quote:

Hi Colin, I've been fishing the Basingstoke canal quite a bit recently myself. The pike seem to be practically jumping out of there!!

I've been mainly float fishing worm at the bridge near Parley Drive and getting a lot of perch and 2 jacks, one on ledger in the middle and one on float about a foot in front of me. Little bugger came off first time so I dropped it back in the same place and he held on! Greedy or what!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Guest Fred Guttfield

On Friday I've got 9-6 lectures and tutorials, so think of me when your on the bank! :mad:

next season...... Thames carp.... but Mum's the word!

Have a good day on Friday everyone!

I shall be on the Hammer Stream, my other home in the last couple of weeks, seeing if I can knock out a few more Chub.

Fished on Monday afternoon and the river is really starting to come into it's own. Perch, Roach and even a Gudgeon when i ran out of worms, topped off by a personal best 4 1/2 lb Chub.

Disappointing fight from the Chub which had a lot of Black speckles on the head and quite a few lice on it's body. Perhaps it was diseased or maybe just getting ready for spawning. Hell of a fish though from such a small stream.

An Economist: Someone who sees something working in practice and trys to see if it will work in theory!!!!!!

I will be out work wearing whatever I like for the price of three pounds which is going towards comic relief.

I hope you lucky buggers going fishing are going to use the red nose as a lure or float!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

DenisO:

I shall be on the Hammer Stream, my other home in the last couple of weeks, seeing if I can knock out a few more Chub.

Fished on Monday afternoon and the river is really starting to come into it's own. Perch, Roach and even a Gudgeon when i ran out of worms, topped off by a personal best 4 1/2 lb Chub.

Disappointing fight from the Chub which had a lot of Black speckles on the head and quite a few lice on it's body. Perhaps it was diseased or maybe just getting ready for spawning. Hell of a fish though from such a small stream.

I've extremely fond memories of the Hammer Stream from 20+ years ago as it was where I caught my first 4lb chub. It was my second home too as I lived in the village. In fact I recently went on the waiting list to rejoin the club. Good to see it's still producing good fish. Have the the big perch come back, Denis?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

quote:

Greedy or what! [/QB]

I've been finding, if they're feeding, they bite within about 10 minutes, if you're bait's in for more than 1/4 hour, chances are they aren't interested.