Creation of the Universe Theories

Renrag39

Anyone got a favourite theory? Can you explain why?

Just got the most basic grasp of Brane Theory and with a bit of tweaking and overlap with Bubble Theory I now have a pet belief.

I'll divulge more later if this thread actually gets any replies...

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops. Mods, can you move this to Non-Fishing chat please. Sorry.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Just got the most basic grasp of Brane Theory and with a bit of tweaking and overlap with Bubble Theory I now have a pet belief.

Renrag

I think you posted this in the wrong topic. Mine would have to be The Theory of Evolution because it is a fact. Shared descent is a fact.

Ken Miller and Neil Shubin can explain why much more eloquently and succinctly than can I.

The 'trial' they both mention is the "Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al. (400 F. Supp. 2d 707, Docket no. 4cv2688)" trial.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Neil Shubin

Youtube Video ->

Neil is a Evolutionary Palaeontologist who used his knowledge of geology, palaeontology, and the Theory of Evolution to predict where about in the world to go and look for the fossil that we now know as Tiktaalik

If you have an hour to spare ...

Youtube Video ->

I don't think one would like a Tiktaalik to crawl into your bivvie at night ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Will give it a look when I get on the home computer, can't use youtube at work... I'll get back to you.

Renrag

I think I can speak for Renrag39 and say that we are talking about Scientific Theories here, not the word theory in it's colloquial sense. Anyone who tosses his dummy out of the play pen and whines "It's only a theory" because it doesn't tie in with some 2,000 year old book that they have "faith in" will be laughed at, at least by me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Will give it a look when I get on the home computer, can't use youtube at work... I'll get back to you.

Renrag

I forgot, Railtrack I think you said.

Its Network Rail now, or Notwork Fail if you're delayed by a points failure...

You got it right there Corydoras! As far as I am concerned all 'Scientific' theories are valid until PROVEN otherwise. Its how science advances after all.

Please, no-one confuse theory with theology.

Really want to say what I think about religion now too but dont want to walk around with a crucifix or set of candelabra sticking out of my sphincter...

Renrag

Not seen the programs as I'm in India but have read this and a few other forum threads and am once again disapointed to see people confusing three seperate questions. Namely.

How did the universe get here ?

How did life get going ?

How did the diversity of life that we see occur ?

Evolution does not address either of the first two questions.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Renrag

I watched wonders of the universe with proffesor brian cox and found it the most interesting thing ive ever watched , the way he makes it so understandable and exciting had me and my wife hooked , its an absolute must have and i cant wait to buy the box set .

You get a taster of clips on this page below .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zdhtg

Not seen the programs as I'm in India but have read this and a few other forum threads and am once again disapointed to see people confusing three seperate questions. Namely.

How did the universe get here ?

How did life get going ?

How did the diversity of life that we see occur ?

Evolution does not address either of the first two questions.

Nobody has mentioned Bing Bang yet Ken nor Abiogenesis we are just discussing our 'pet theories'. No confusion in my mind, I can't speak for others.