Creation of the Universe Theories

Renrag39

With the Universe estimated to be over 13 billion years old, containing millions of galaxies each with countless suns and planets, it's a fair bet that some advanced civilisations have been going a lot longer than ours.

Now at the beginning of the electronic age, we can model complex simulations on our computers.

Imagine that we were still doing that in a billion years time (on platforms that are far more powerful than any computer we could imagine).

No doubt, we would be able to simulate whole complex alternative universes each with different physics and compare them.

Now, if other species have been doing this for billions of years, inhabitants of those simulations would by now also running their own simulations, ad infinitum!

So, rather than being inhabitants of the only one real universe, the odds overwhelmingly are that we ourselves are 'beings' within such an advanced simulation (there being only one real universe but countless simulated universes in existance (some being simulations within simulations)).

And exploring the parameters that define our particular simulation, rather than the physics of a real universe, trying to explain anomalies in the parameters defining our simulation with advanced theories of physics involving multi-dimensional universes, a holographic universe etc etc

Once looked at in that light, the seeming anomalies within our understanding of 'physics' don't seem to be so anomalous at all!

They are simply a consequence of the particular experiment that we are an essential part of!

But what proof is there of the age of the universe? not so very long ago scientists and I mean some of the leading scientists of their time were telling us a: the atomic bomb if used would destroy the planet, b: atomic energy and radiation from nuclear reactors are safe...tell that to the inhabitants who live nearby any of the many accidents at nuclear reactors

Maybe they just simply don't have any idea and everything they say is just conjecture and personal theories and ideas, and we are suppose to be so stupid and gullible that we will believe everything and anything they say.

I can remember being taught that man could not travel faster than the speed of sound.

I can remember being taught that the planet has a slightly irregular orbit ( some 500 years plus) and a shake which is the cause of the ice ages and obviously periods of global warming. Yet now they are saying its all pollution and mans fault really?...so stop jumping up and down...hehehe

What proof is there that the universe exists maybe its a cover over us with some holes in it.

Just consider for a moment when to-days' scientists speak of yesterdays scientists they are very patronising about them, yet these same scientists will be in turn have their knowledge and understanding patronised by tomorrows scientists.

There is not one single theory of the beginning nor of evolution that every scientist believes so if they cannot prove their theories to each other why should we all be so stupid as to believe them or anything they say loudly.

Just remember it was a bunch of scientist who helped persuade the Government to bred Otters and release them all over the country...

In my opinion scientists are just a bunch of chattering tossers, who are too narrow in their outlook to understand anything and spend most of their time praising each other for nothing and acting so far up their own ***** that they have convinced themselves that their s**t does not stink.

Most of them work in the terribly enclosed and limited environment with only others of their ilk that they have no understanding of life, the world nor the universe.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it may sound like a real rant it is not for there is much we owe to some scientists and their work has been very valuable to mankind.

Please remember we are currently talking about Creation of the Universe Theories.

My objection is to the so many unproven and unprovable scientific theories which we are expected to take as the absolute, complete, total and irrevocable truth.

I say take all theories with a pinch of salt and a long logical hard look at not just the theory but the person behind the theory and those who are behind him or back him or pay his salary.

Simple just look for the money.

Edited by watatoad

I have no problem with hearing other theories within the envelope of science. I try to look at each and every one from as detached a countenance as possible.

The simulation/dream/matrix theory really does stir my imagination, especially when you find out Brane Theory only works in 11 dimensions. We know the 3 dimensions we live in as the physical representation of our world, the fourth is the passage of time but the other 7 are a mystery to us. At the moment.

Could the other 7 dimensions be the dimensions the 'Architect' of our universe lives in, our 'God' as such. Is this where our faith comes into play? Maybe jesus,and the other prophets/gods were RPG characters controlled by the 'Architect' to introduce other variables into the simulation? Maybe thats why christ was supposed to have risen again 3 days later? Save game anyone?

Or maybe the other 7 dimensions are part of our true universe but we only get to experience them as transcendental beings after our mortal lives end?

Or maybe, as is sometimes explained currently (and the one I find most scientifically compelling to date), a new universe, possibly with different physics and new matter, is created when 1 of these invisible dimensions contacts one of our 3 physical dimensions and the 'New Universe' merely expands from this point, spreading out in a 'Bubble', within the 'Old Universe'?

Did any of that make any sense?

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

For a real alternative try:

Jatravartids are small blue creatures of the planet Viltvodle VI with more than fifty arms each. They are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented aerosol deodorant before the wheel.

Many races believe that the Universe was created by some sort of god or in the Big Bang. The Jatravartid people, however, believe that the Universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. They live in perpetual fear of the time they call "The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief" (their version of the End of the Universe). The theory of the Great Green Arkleseizure is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

PAH now Jatravartids have been in my garden (albeit at night) and i found everyone of them to be liars ,it wasn't an deodorant it was gas for their fag lighters <_<

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It makes me smile when "scientific facts" are expressed (pyramids anyone....cough cough). Scientific facts are only theories that fit in with our current knowledge. To think that we know anything more than a tiny percentage of the secrets of the universe and the origins of life is massively arrogant. The time periods involved when in context of the age of the universe and even the age of our planet and solar system are mind boggling, yet only a few hundred years ago it was considered "fact" that the earth was flat, our sun orbited the earth and we were at the centre of the universe.

I prefer to remain open minded, who am I to quote "facts" when even our top scientific brains can't always agree.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

It makes me smile when "scientific facts" are expressed (pyramids anyone....cough cough). Scientific facts are only theories that fit in with our current knowledge. To think that we know anything more than a tiny percentage of the secrets of the universe and the origins of life is massively arrogant. The time periods involved when in context of the age of the universe and even the age of our planet and solar system are mind boggling, yet only a few hundred years ago it was considered "fact" that the earth was flat, our sun orbited the earth and we were at the centre of the universe.

I prefer to remain open minded, who am I to quote "facts" when even our top scientific brains can't always agree.

Spot on...I too am only too happy to accept what you say in its entirety.

even your facts are not ,we knew the earth was round since the 6th century BC but more or less common knowledge since the 3rd ,perhaps god didnt like us knowing so generally the churchs (most of them) didnt like their worshippers knowing anything so fabricated lies to keep the common man common

its a bit like saying columbus found america ,firstly he didnt the earliest natives did and columbus found (or more probably used a map provided those that did) a few islands off america

30 years ago suggesting vikings found north america would have you laughed out of the place by the so called top geographers/ historians but now it has more credence.

mostly because people now realise "global warming" is a cycle so the quest for the famous north west passage although ill fated in the last couple of hundred years is now reappearing just as it was when the vikings did their stuff ,even drunk vikings wouldnt name a snow covered island GREENland for the joke and as the world was warmer "vineland" perfectly feasible.

some people think us modern humans started with victorians but there was little on the globe even our bronze age forefathers didnt know ,some see them as near cavemen but in reality even our lot were highly evolved traders worldwide

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What gets me is this.

The experts say that before the big bang there was NOTHING !! How can something be made from nothing, how can an exposion happen from nothing ?

I al also in awe of the Universe and watch any programme about it without fail. The serial about the trip to the edge of the universe. !

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I'm not concerned about absolute facts or the proof. I'm only concerned about theories. Our imagination is where everything we learn (that cannot be measured or quantified, such as evolution) originally comes from. What if we do this? Imagine what would happen if this was the case? And then the big brains go about it in a mathematical fashion and work out if the maths fits the theory.

Ask any scientist this- Do you like being wrong? Answer-No. Do you accept that you could be wrong? Answer-Yes.

This is the give and take that got our scientific knowledge to where we are today, within the past 100 years.

Rod, yes, I agree that science can be viewed as a belief system but at least it is flexible, unlike many religions (notice I didn't say all). It thrives on change. It is also completely unbiased.

Take rockets for example- the first ones were designed to destroy. But they also got us to the moon.

There is one very close and somewhat disturbing similarity between science and religion though. They both thrive on war.

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue