lambourn monster?!

viney

A bloke i work with went with his brother inlaw fly fishing on the lambourn (ww) at the weekend, his brother inlaw apparently landed a VERY large brown trout, im dubious to post the weight until he brings the pics in and as it was weighed on bathroom scales from someones house. But if the weight is anywhere near correct this could very well be the fish CP mentioned losing in his blog, the fish was returned unharmed so will still be lurking somewhere...

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

A bloke i work with went with his brother inlaw fly fishing on the lambourn (ww) at the weekend, his brother inlaw apparently landed a VERY large brown trout, im dubious to post the weight until he brings the pics in and as it was weighed on bathroom scales from someones house. But if the weight is anywhere near correct this could very well be the fish CP mentioned losing in his blog, the fish was returned unharmed so will still be lurking somewhere...

Matt there are some monsters in there for sure .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I'm a bit puzzled :mellow: ... how did they manage to weigh the fish on bathroom scales from someones house ... yet still apparently return the fish alive, safely? ... unless people have taken to carrying bathroon scales (along with everything else!) in their tackle bag? ;)

I'm a bit puzzled :mellow: ... how did they manage to weigh the fish on bathroom scales from someones house ... yet still apparently return the fish alive, safely? ... unless people have taken to carrying bathroon scales (along with everything else!) in their tackle bag? ;)

This particular stretch of the river runs past houses so they asked someone for scales as they didbt have any on them

This particular stretch of the river runs past houses so they asked someone for scales as they didbt have any on them

Ah - I know where. ;) You sure it was a brownie? A few VERY big escaped rainbows have turned up in recent years - one of (allegedly) 12lbs was in the NWN a couple of years ago (though I don't think it was that big from the picture!), also heard of anothe 8lb+ rainbow taken at Shaw.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

So the weight may not be much as much below the claimed weight as i thought it would be, he's claiming the fish was 14.5lb so even with innacurate scales and the innevitable exageration it was no doubt a very large fish!

Crap pic but taken from Shaw above the weir pool at ...16lb 40z from memory ,Know the guy holding it and he is a genuine fella .

trout.jpg

Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Crap pic but taken from Shaw above the weir pool at ...16lb 40z from memory ,Know the guy holding it and he is a genuine fella .

trout.jpg

Steve

Strewth :o - fish that size really don't belong in a river as small as the Lambourn - must be an escapee...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Strewth :o - fish that size really don't belong in a river as small as the Lambourn - must be an escapee...

C.

Yep gotta be and escapee ,have seen another pic of another monster caught below the weir at a claimed 15lb odd and looked every ounce to me !! again escapeee rainbow but just goes to show what swims in there at times .

Rumour in happy Tones about a supposed 19lb fish at the end of last season but no idea if thats true or possible even ,then again..............