conger and ling fishing

barry luxton

I just hope my 10/0 meathooks and 50/80lb gear is going to be enough :rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope my 10/0 meathooks and 50/80lb gear is going to be enough :rolleyes:

perfic, just the job. Tried congering in a two knot plus tide Worms, thats what required. :lol:

It's ok for them free swimming tope you can use a 12lb class, if your brave, it's them conger with half a tail around the wreck that needs a little persuading.

anyway we need a conger slapped on the quayside. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

7ft Falden solid carbon rod 60/100lb but in reality its less than the stated poundage, Penn 15kg 2 speed Formula reel 50lb braid, back up rod 30lb class and bait fishing gear

Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas just now , counting down the days till the big off

Am i going to have to get some beefier gear ?

I have:

Abu Suveran Evo Boat 8'2" 20 LB

Abu Suveran Evo Uptider 9'9" 5 - 10 OZ

Daiwa Sealane s 20/30 lb 7'6"

Being a tart, to have a matching set, i just had a look at the Suveran boat 7'6" 50 lb....it's £225.-- :headhurt:

The Uptider is very powerfull, would it handle a Conger ?

I would not get much use out of 50 lb rated rod, down here.

(Wish i had'nt sold the 7500 CT C3 now)

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

perfic, just the job. Tried congering in a two knot plus tide Worms, thats what required. :lol:

It's ok for them free swimming tope you can use a 12lb class, if your brave, it's them conger with half a tail around the wreck that needs a little persuading.

anyway we need a conger slapped on the quayside. :thumbs:

How strange, people where saying not so long ago that there where no conger to be had off Whitby? Now suddenly they are common place??? Think there might be a few more caught before your trip. :camera:

I personally don’t know of anybody who properly had a go fishing for conger off Whitby like you lad’s fish for them down south. I just hope that the skipper you have got to take you can do what the skippers down south do when it comes to that sort of fishing. Anyway good luck and I honestly hope you do well, because if good results can encourage a different sort of target fishery that can encourage more anglers to the area, then it can only be a good thing. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Flapper.

I have:

Being a tart, to have a matching set, i just had a look at the Suveran boat 7'6" 50 lb....it's £225.-- :headhurt:

I would not get much use out of 50 lb rated rod, down here.

(Wish i had'nt sold the 7500 CT C3 now)

I wouldnt have thought you'd need anything other than what you've got as the Evo boat and the Diawa are both very powerful rods with a lot of backbone. if I did'nt have the solid carbon rod I'd be using the 30lb Fladen maximuss for everything

I have:

30lb gear will be ok Sean, i have caught many to 50lb with that and a 4/0 sized reel. However once while winding up it was a race to the top with regards to landing the eels before some of the reel screws winding themselves out. Caught a couple of 35lbders off the m2 from portland last winter when the fishing was slow, that was with a shakespere uptider, so i just know they will cope. However for the biggies i would certainly go armed. However i have used 30lb gear on bigger eels, it's not quite fun when the rod is bent double and you seem to know what is in charge. :D

quote flapper:

I personally don’t know of anybody who properly had a go fishing for conger off Whitby like you lad’s fish for them down south. I just hope that the skipper you have got to take you can do what the skippers down south do when it comes to that sort of fishing. Anyway good luck and I honestly hope you do well, because if good results can encourage a different sort of target fishery that can encourage more anglers to the area, then it can only be a good thing.

Flapper.

end quote.

I would like to dedicate the trip to a wisend ex skipper called John Brennan who came from the whitby area and hope that we can prove him right when it was his idea to go and do what we are proposing to do. Sadly he ain't with us to see it done, so fingers crossed.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Some interest here http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=21775.0 in our little trip, in fact theres far more interest in anchoring up than you might have thought and my way of thinking is that after reading other topics on conger at Whitby is that theres more who would like to do it but they want someone to take the lead first and then they'll go themselves

If we do well I predict there'll be more conger trips from the port this year and more skippers willing to give it a go

30lb gear will be ok Sean, i have caught many to 50lb with that and a 4/0 sized reel. However once while winding up it was a race to the top with regards to landing the eels before some of the reel screws winding themselves out. Caught a couple of 35lbders off the m2 from portland last winter when the fishing was slow, that was with a shakespere uptider, so i just know they will cope. However for the biggies i would certainly go armed. However i have used 30lb gear on bigger eels, it's not quite fun when the rod is bent double and you seem to know what is in charge. :D

quote flapper:

I personally don’t know of anybody who properly had a go fishing for conger off Whitby like you lad’s fish for them down south. I just hope that the skipper you have got to take you can do what the skippers down south do when it comes to that sort of fishing. Anyway good luck and I honestly hope you do well, because if good results can encourage a different sort of target fishery that can encourage more anglers to the area, then it can only be a good thing.

Flapper.

end quote.

I would like to dedicate the trip to a wisend ex skipper called John Brennan who came from the whitby area and hope that we can prove him right when it was his idea to go and do what we are proposing to do. Sadly he ain't with us to see it done, so fingers crossed. :thumbs: :thumbs: