Letter From The Countryside Alliance

Elton

Double posted, somehow -- see above.

[ 19. March 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I must have missed out with my education somewhere.

Everybody appears to know the poster calling himself Paul Boote but, until this last month or so on AN, I had never heard of anybody with that name.

Is there more info on a website somewhere. Is he an ex member of Militant Tendancy or something similar?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Haven't got a clue Jim! But he and Lee make an excellent pairing!

Jim, quick search has come up with www.jeremywade.co.uk/books.html where you'll find Paul was involved with a book.

[ 19. March 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Jim Roper:

I think I must have missed out with my education somewhere.

Everybody appears to know the poster calling himself Paul Boote but, until this last month or so on AN, I had never heard of anybody with that name.

Is there more info on a website somewhere. Is he an ex member of Militant Tendancy or something similar?

LOL.

I'd never thought of myself as a militant.

I'll have to try it -- with a mind like mine, I could REALLY cause trouble...

A call to almost ANY angling magazine editor, coarse or game; or anyone in the various angling bodies, or in the tackle trade (coarse and game); or the upmarket travel biz; or... etc, posing the question: "Who is PaulB?" will get you some very interesting answers, Jim.

You might try this, too:

Google Search Results for Paul Boote mahseer OR India OR writng OR travel OR PaulBoote OR Argentina OR Gallegos OR Goliath OR tigerfish OR Angling OR Magazine OR Mahseer OR Mission OR Somewhere OR Down OR the OR Crazy OR River OR tierra OR del OR Fuego OR Congo

edit note: edited the display format of the google search

[ 19. March 2005, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Dear Paul,

Don't forget the angling stars as I seriously doubt that any amongst their ranks don't know who you are.

Dearest Peter,

So, "But he and Lee make an excellent pairing!" do we?

If you watch ever so carefully on some of Paul Boote's televised/filmed adventures overseas in exotic places, you might just notice a poor bloke about a quarter of a mile downhill struggling behind with a hand cart laden with tackle.

Twas I? Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Who's Jim Roper by the way?

Politics aside.

Anglers Net is truly blessed with the array of fishing talent it has word warting their way through various threads. OK, so some of em don't appear to actually do much fishing given the time they spend on here but it’s all highly entertaining stuff none the less.

Praise be to Izaac on high that his warting scribbled down Yoxall way long time past stood the test of time against the dreaded angling politician. We still have pure fishing to look forward too whilst the political Angola’s chuck custard pies at each other across their various organisations. I'm just glad I'm normal and endeavoured to find the last boat just managing to row the hell out of custard land.

That said though, one does have to admire the sterling Countryside Alliance for not degenerating their wonderful organisation into a in-house pie fight like their counterparts in lesser organisations do. What is it I wonder that makes these Angola’s around their "top table" so itchy for a good fall out?

So in keeping with the threads topic, err almost, what does the panel think is the reason behind all these NAA type pie fights?

AND; why is it that the marvellous Countryside Alliance isn't inflicted with this type of in-house falling out?

Two extremely valid questions. Lets see if Pete Waller and the made men will answer these questions with impartiality. Time to stop mixing custard.

Regards,

Lee.

I rarely take any notice of angling overseas content, be it in the mags or on the box. It just doesn't have a great appeal to me and it's largely beyond my means. In fact it mostly raises a groan from me, I see it as a wasted opportunity to read/watch content regarding UK angling. Otherwise I'm sure I'd have come across Paul's stuff somewhere down the line.

I did watch (I think.) That Wade fellow getting involved in a light aircraft crash in the jungle, on a recent sky TV programme. I'll bet the producer was doing cartwheels once he realised nobody was hurt. Notrhing like a genuine plane crash to spice up an adventurer type programme.

If I had a clue what relevance 'custard' has to the discussion, or what the hell a 'Made man' is, I might be able to get back on topic too.

...Sorry folks. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

This, 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River', isn't that the book you were touting as one of your favourite reads Gerry? (Argyl)

Absolutely Chris. Wild stuff, the perfect antedote to Neville's Mammoth Book of Numbers.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

trent.barbeler:

Dear Paul,

Don't forget the angling stars as I seriously doubt that any amongst their ranks don't know who you are.

Ask Ian, ask John (make that a John or two, lee), ask Bob (in the past tense, I rather suspect, now...) etc (and these are just the coarse fellas), and note their almost certainly dismissive, caustic replies (but note the visibly uncomfortable body-language, too...).

It wasn't all foreign stuff, either, as some well know. I mean, it was only a few months ago that I had the friend of a friend of a FIEND who approached me for details (the fifth approach in the past few years) about my two, two-plus-months-long, on-river-in-a-small-boat,camping-on-the-banks, successful expeditions after Thames Trout...

Luv & kisses etc

Paul

Has anybody got something positive to say about the stance we anglers can take please. This thread is in my view very depressing. In fact I havent read so much devisive/pointless talk since my mate gave me 4 years of "pike and preditors magazines". Only then did I learn what egos can do to anglers unity.

I know I am off at a tangent again but please can somebody tell me what organisation I could join to positively support angling. I really am unaware of my options. If this upsets you please carry on wingeing but I am fast losing patience with the course fishing thread and the perpetual arguments without anybody taking a lead in terms of our issues.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.