Mr Ian Tomlinson [deceased] Simon Harwood & 'The Met'.

HERUTILUS

Good Evening Fellow Members,

Just finished viewing BBC teletext & I see the copper who clouted/assaulted Mr Ian Tomlinson, one Simon Harwood, has been cited with 'unlawfully killing Mr T'. <_<

Now, in consideration of the fact that Harwood 'has previous' in terms of putting hmself about a bit & being a tad heavy-handed it's going to interesting to see if our glorious CCP takes the situation any further? Just watch, the coppers unions will be shouting if Harwood goes down [He could pull 2 to 3 years, or so they say?] it will affect our morale, & if we're not allowed to do & say exactlly as we please we may refuse to 'kettle' innocent 'civilians' & they can go on the rampage in central London for all we care. <_<

If they, 'the polis' were allowed they would, in to time at all, be every bit as bad as the Stasi, KGB & the infamous Gestopo. What a shower; & they are, I'm reliably informed, the 'civilised world's' most expensive police service, did you know that? <_<

Regards,

The H. :)

Just finished viewing BBC teletext & I see the copper who clouted/assaulted Mr Ian Tomlinson, one Simon Harwood, has been cited with 'unlawfully killing Mr T'. <_<

Now, in consideration of the fact that Harwood 'has previous' in terms of putting hmself about a bit & being a tad heavy-handed it's going to interesting to see if our glorious CCP takes the situation any further? Just watch, the coppers unions will be shouting if Harwood goes down [He could pull 2 to 3 years, or so they say?] it will affect our morale, & if we're not allowed to do & say exactlly as we please we may refuse to 'kettle' innocent 'civilians' & they can go on the rampage in central London for all we care. <_<

If they, 'the polis' were allowed they would, in to time at all, be every bit as bad as the Stasi, KGB & the infamous Gestopo. What a shower; & they are, I'm reliably informed, the 'civilised world's' most expensive police service, did you know that? <_<

Regards,

You should travel a bit more and see what a real tough Police force is like ;)

By comparison with many of the worlds Police forces our are well mannered gentlemen.

As for being reliably informed, don't you get most of your information from newspapers?

Given that's the case it is extremely unlikely that you are informed at all, reliably or otherwise :)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Ian Tomlinson killing: officer could face manslaughter charge

Decision not to prosecute PC Simon Harwood under review after inquest rules that Tomlinson was unlawfully killed.

Ian Tomlinson death

After the inquest into newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson's death was delivered as an unlawful killing, his son Paul King (centre) and widow Julia (second right) speak to the press. Photograph: Stefan Rousseau/PA

The police officer who attacked Ian Tomlinson at the G20 protests in London in 2009 could be prosecuted for manslaughter after an inquest jury ruled that the newspaper seller was unlawfully killed.

Returning their verdict after three hours of deliberation, jurors said Tomlinson died of internal bleeding in the abdomen after being struck with a baton and pushed to the ground by a police officer....................

READ MORE.....

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

You should travel a bit more and see what a real tough Police force is like ;)

By comparison with many of the worlds Police forces our are well mannered gentlemen.

As for being reliably informed, don't you get most of your information from newspapers?

Given that's the case it is extremely unlikely that you are informed at all, reliably or otherwise :)

Hello Sportsman, :)

Now then, I bet yah I've travelled more than you mah man & worked a damn sight harder in so doing, so don't you go to lecturing this old man!

Had 'variance of opinion' with you before I have, so where does Mr Sportsman get his topical info. from, the local knitting & chat club? And, where did Mr Clever B find out about the demise of Osama, & how does Mr Smarty Pants keep track of how the AV campaign's going, if not via the papers & 'the box' please let us know what 'source of info' we're missing out on?

However, I'm not the subject matter here, & in so saying can 'Mr Man of The World' tell us all how he feels about Mr Tomlinson going the distance. Come on wise guy, lets hear it. Hells teeth, I never thought of it before, I may have got lucky, could you be one of THEM, a copper? If so, how's your 'doing 32 in a 30, sorry sir' tally doing latterly, & how are you doing in the 'double bubble' rip-off? <_<

In terms of 'Oor Finest' being, as you have it, 'polite gentlmen'. So they should be pal, some of them will be making more in overtime than some folk get for doing their honest 35 hours. <_<

Now, even such as your good self must have heard of 'the deficit'? Well, here's some info. for you matey, a not inconsiderable proportion of our national debt has been caused by the county running a hugely bloated & expensive public sector. Now, before 'The Brain of the Anglers Net Forum' gets to telling us that every EU country has a 'hugely expensive public sector, I say 'correct', but I don't want to be one of the mugs that has to pay for it. OK? <_<

Regards sincere,

Your old, & you may rest assured 'continuing adversary', The Roach. :)

Regards,

You ever been to errrrrrrrrrr let's see, France, Spain, Germany, Egypt, Turkey, etc, etc, etc..............?

You ever been in a violent situation where you are outnumbered about 25:1?

You ever had so much adrenelin running through your body that you do things you would never believe you could do?

Who is the CPP?

Do Police Officers have Unions?

I am not saying his actions were/are correct, I just love the way some throw a vast blanket judgement out from the safety and comfort of their own home.

Watch that fantastic but dated series "The World at War" and then call them 'Gestapo' that is just pathetic trolling of the worst kind, and yes, everybody, I know the rules are not to feed a troll but that stuff is an insult to every person in this Country.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hello Sportsman, :)

Now then, I bet yah I've travelled more than you mah man & worked a damn sight harder in so doing, so don't you go to lecturing this old man!

Regards sincere,

Your old, & you may rest assured 'continuing adversary', The Roach. :)

I don't know what you've done or where you've been to do it, but I would question that particular statement.

I had over 20 years working on oil drilling rigs in some of the less salubrious parts of the world and I have had first hand experience of a less civilised police force than the UKs.

As for where I get my information, well the usual sources I suppose, but then, I don't pretend to be reliably informed. Maybe I can tell the difference between "news" propaganda and b***s**t

Edited by Sportsman

I don't know what you've done or where you've been to do it, but I would question that particular statement.

I had over 20 years working on oil drilling rigs in some of the less salubrious parts of the world and I have had first hand experience of a less civilised police force than the UKs.

As for where I get my information, well the usual sources I suppose, but then, I don't pretend to be reliably informed. Maybe I can tell the difference between "news" propagander and b***s**t

Don't bother mate, I had the same argument many, many years ago with Sir John Duke, continuing with John (can't remember if he made it to Sir) Hoddinot and eventually to Lord (eventually) Stevens, some people claim to have fourty years experiance of 'life', in actual fact they have one years experiance, thirty or forty times over. A troll is a Troll and always will be, Sportsman, when my Son was injured I asked you for help and you gave it, and it worked and he continues to fly the planes which carry passengers around the World, do not worry yourself about the comments of a berk. 7/10ths of the World is covered by water, the rest is covered by berks..................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Don't bother mate, I had the same argument many, many years ago with Sir John Duke, continuing with John (can't remember if he made it to Sir) Hoddinot and eventually to Lord (eventually) Stevens, some people claim to have fourty years experiance of 'life', in actual fact they have one years experiance, thirty or forty times over. A troll is a Troll and always will be, Sportsman, when my Son was injured I asked you for help and you gave it, and it worked and he continues to fly the planes which carry passengers around the World, do not worry yourself about the comments of a berk. 7/10ths of the World is covered by water, the rest is covered by berks..................

Nae bother Huge.

Couldn't agree more about the "berk" statement, especially if you know the correct rhyming slang origin of the term.

I doubt so many presenters on TV would use it if they did ;)

Edited by Sportsman

I can see 3 options for this topic

1. Let it run totally amuck with members bashing each other - ever so politely at first but eventually getting rather nasty.

2. Spend lots of "mod" time watching the topic to prevent #1.

3. Close it now with a note to the participants to take any interpersonal disputes off the main site.

After careful consideration, #3 seems the best of the lot.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President