Anybody heat a pond or...........

Huge_Vitae

Outside tank, just installing my new tanks, I have three of them, well insulated each tank holds 8 cubic meters of water, so that's 24,000 ltrs.

I know you cab get 3000 watt outside heaters but does anybody use one to get an idea of running costs, need to keep the water above 15 celcius in winter.

Thanks.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Are the tanks fully exposed as such, or installed in a fish-house type arrangement?

Go the pool route like has been said either way, but think of insulating and heating the building too if present. Will dramatically reduce the 'leccy bill.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Are the tanks fully exposed as such, or installed in a fish-house type arrangement?

Go the pool route like has been said either way, but think of insulating and heating the building too if present. Will dramatically reduce the 'leccy bill.

Renrag

Keeping 8 tonnes of water at 15oC in winter time could be really expensive. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Keeping 8 tonnes of water at 15oC in winter time could be really expensive.

I can 'raise' the temp easy enough by using a heat exchanger in an incinerator burning Yew, Elm and Pine, it's maintaining the temp which is hard to calculate, and only as a back up from other methods, I have a 3KVH gennie which I run on 85% Ethanol which is very cheap to produce. It's just a bitch to work out costings with theory, much better to find somebody who has walked that walk!

And the mistake a lot make is, I live further South than a lot, my Av. Temps are higher

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

expensive but what about those roof mounted err hot water things .

for "solar" i have read they do work but a heck of an outlay ,as for conventional heating i had 30 tanks in a very well insulated garage (which also had a radiator off the houses central heating) they were quickly turned to cold water the cost in electric was frightening! so forget electric

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson