Anyone got a Breadmaker?

Rusty

Dunno - Jaq has never used one - preferring to experiment with different flours etc. Adding Spelt for example gives the bread a wonderful nutty flavour and she has a couple of wholegrain flours which makes terrific brown bread....

C.

We have a Mill in Wantage, what better place to get the ingredients I need. I’ll try a 4 hour loaf this afternoon and will report back.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought one of these as my May payday gadget. I always end up wasting half of a shop bought loaf so I thought I’d try making my own, I did the research and decided on the Panasonic SD 256 (on offer at Argos at the moment @ £79.99).

At best I thought it would be up to shop standard but the bread this thing produces is way better than anything I’ve bought from a supermarket. It’ll do different sized loaves and if you want to just make the dough for, say, pizzas it’ll do that too. I’ve used packet mixes for the initial experiments and the loaf is ready in 2 hours, using all the separate ingredients takes 4 hours but is cheaper and probably more fun. The timer allows you set it going overnight.

I always thought these machines were one minute wonders but it produces better bread than I can buy. Should pay for itself in about ten years I reckon :D .

Chris we have one and as you say makes wicked bread ,Not to bad at mixing up Boilie mix either just dont tell Alex :P Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

We have a Mill in Wantage, what better place to get the ingredients I need. I’ll try a 4 hour loaf this afternoon and will report back.

My wife and kids are in Wantage at the moment, visiting (great) grandma. If you see them, say "hi" :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My wife and kids are in Wantage at the moment, visiting (great) grandma. If you see them, say "hi" :D

You should've said Elton, I would've made them sandwiches for the journey home, I've got lots of bread. They'll be easy to spot if they're in the hot rod :D .

Had a machine. Sold it. Now do bread by hand and like it better.

If you buy flour by the 25 or 50 pound bag and yeast in 1-2 pound packages the cost per loaf is pretty low. We do have to order yeast over the internet though since bulk packs aren't available locally.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You should've said Elton, I would've made them sandwiches for the journey home, I've got lots of bread. They'll be easy to spot if they're in the hot rod :D .

I should have sent them down with a trailer. I'd have loads of room in this freezer, if I got rid of a few kilos of boilies and a couple of boxes of squid :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Had a machine. Sold it. Now do bread by hand and like it better.

I'm with you there. Why would you want to relinquish the fun to be had by pounding the hell out of a lump of dough and pretending it's [insert your favourite hate figure here] to a machine? :D

It's the fact that it takes so little time that you can have fresh bread every day, no matter how busy you are.

Which is most excellent coz now Rusty`s fishing swarry`s he will have fresh bread and a plethroa of different sausages to go in the rolls mmmmn salivating at the thought of it ,more to this fishing lark than just catching fish eh?? Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

more to this fishing lark than just catching fish eh??

Always been my philosophy.

This one didn’t turn out quite as well as the packet mixes, the top crust was perfect when it finished cooking but I left it in the machine for 5 minutes and it softened & creased………instructions say ‘remove immediately’ so next time I will.

bread.jpg

It is cooked through and it smells great so I’ll be taking it to my folks in the morning for the traditional bacon buttie arrival.