Hunting ban

GORD

Well if you think that all the antis will stop when they get there way with fox hunting im afraid your soooooooooo wrong they will just move on to a new topic either shooting or angling probly both now im both a keen shooter and angler and if all of us dont pull together and fight these people then we will lose what we enjoy in life our choosen sport or sports,remember alot of anti dont even bother to look into what there objecting to they just dont like it and wont listen to any view but there own often blinkered views.

Oh yeh and NEVER trust a politician all there interested in is votes and power.

There thats my rant over with :D

Trev

SMILE Today is the tommorow you were worrying about yesterday

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Countryman, the animal rights movement have said they will continue till all 'cruelty' to animals is banned and they include angling.

Peter, this proposed ban isn't just about mounted hunts, I really do beleive this time the saying 'divided we fall' rings true.

I must agree with the last two contributors.

Banning hunting with dogs does not just mean the red coated berks!! Anyone whose dog chases a fox or hare whilst out on a coutry walk will be a criminal. This includes terriers persuing a fox underground.

If we take an "I'm alright" attitude we stand to be dictated to by a small minority of fanatics and a large majority of apathetics.

Make no mistake our way of life and our right to choose our pursuits are in the sights of the enraged and the ignorant.

Cheers

Scapa

I have always said that when the "antis" get their way with fox hunting, they will start with fishing. I want THEM to answer the following questions.

1: As the result of representations of the angling fraternity, all waters in the U.K. are now far cleaner than they have been in 100yrs.

true/false

2: The angler looks after their fish so well they even give them names.

true/false

3: Angling is the most popular sport, judging by the number of people particpating, in the U.K.

true/false

If you have answered these questions HONESTLY and can STILL say that angling must be banned then publish your reasons here.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The antis will always be with us, narrow minded people who are the new puritains. But it is not because of them that fox hunting is on the edge of extinction. It is because mr, mrs and ms average, the proverbial person in the street, find fox hunting distastful. That is to say most people do not like fox hunting. Most people who don't fish think of us a slightly dotty, but mostly harmless. The anits hate us but they are a tiny minority. Lets get a sense of propotion.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

1) unfortunatly the water maybe but mrs and mrs ordinary on their sunday walk with rover wont notice the loverly sparkling water just the miriad of bait bags ,line and beer cans and bog paper (and worse)strewn in the more well used areas

2) yes but this can be misconstude as continualy dragging the fish in to the bank so often it becomes a pet therefore the fish to them are abused ,luckily pet names are usually given to fish (on the whole) that live within private lakes away from the eyes of the public

3) popularity is not a reason to keep something going ,coal mining and steel making were quite popular but its all but gone now.

the antis are very good at pulling the wool over otherwise unconcerned peoples eyes ,if they show pictures of supposedly "cruel" acts (weve all seen the pics on the sites :( ) enough times people WILL believe it ,as i have said we need a "figuerhead" who can show the people the real good things we do ,our angling commitees are no use they cannot agree with themselves never mind band together to point out that we do real good in the sport we choose ,angling needs a good clear out if an angler drops litter he should be publically shamed and chucked out the club ,we all know its a very small minority who do this but unfortunatly its what the public see`s everyday :mad:

hunting isnt a sport of the rich and idle ,these people are just the bit reffered to in pictures and television broadcasts they are outnumbered 10 to one by the supporters ,ordinary people who enjoy the country side and countryside pastimes , the REAL reason is because most labour supporters DONT live in the country and only see a usually biased report on the telly at 6 oclock showing the final end of a fox whose unlucky enough not to have the whits to evade the hounds ,i have been a supporter at quite a few hunts and never yet seen the kill 9 times out of ten the fox gets away but you dont see that on the telly :(

the same bias can go on with angling pictures of a match ,close-ups of the catch being caught "to hand" to the ordinary mortal cruel?? pictures of litter strewn banks etc , how many times have you seen the anglers on a work party or the bailiffs picking up litter (hopefully i`m not the only one ) never, its not interesting enough to show on telly :mad:

[ 07. July 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I suppose it won't be long before some over officious prat gets dogs banned from parks with lakes and ducks/geese. Only needs one dog to start barking at the birds and the local council will ban dogs from parks.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

GOD:

Peter, this proposed ban isn't just about mounted hunts, I really do beleive this time the saying 'divided we fall' rings true.

Dear god, the CA has done wonders in deviding anglers, probably like nothing else before. Witness the comments on this thread!

Some good points in the most recent posts. However, I think the govt. has realised it has bitten off more than it can chew on this one and it is unlikely they will be this rash again and bow to what looked like a populist anti issue but has come back to bite them on the bum. They realise in ruaral areas their political currency has never been lower and is unlikley to ever re surface. They have had to bow to pressure from there own back benches, something any govt. hates, espec. if it is the media obsessed control freak varity that we seem to have. No we have to watch the machinations of our local so called representatives who are on the attack. one or two antis who get themselves elected to the local council can have angling banned on council waters and point to litter problems as an excuse. My own local council is threatening to net all the fish out of a local common pond and leave it as a duck pond because of the litter. And I am afraid much of it is from that small minority of anglers who we all hate, yes the litter lout. So lets not concern ourselves with the big picture, although I think the people like Bruno Broughton should be thanked for all they do on a nationl level, but all of us keep an eye on our own local situation and get political if needs be.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I've been invited to sit on the committee of the Broads Angling Strategy Group, a body that works hand in hand with the Broads Authority. At the first meeting I attended it was mentioned that there are moves to bring in an act that allows the authorities to ban any activity that it sees as unsuitable in a national park. Read into that what you will. A ban on water skiing, a ban on speed boats, a ban on boats even, or a ban on angling. The yachting fraternity is well aware of the implications of such a loosly worded act, and so are Broadland anglers.

My own opininion on this one, and I aim this at 'god', is that we need to work closely with other water-way users on this one. Many boaters are anti-fox hunting. If we unite with fox hunters we risk allienating ourselves from the very people that we might need to work very closely with.