What Carp Rod ?

countryman

Right im off carp fishing for the first time next weekend so i need to get a rod does anyone have any advice as to what is a good reasonable priced rod to buy,also im told i should also get a bite alarm as well is this the case?

Thanks Trev

SMILE Today is the tommorow you were worrying about yesterday

You can mannage without a bite alarm if your going to be right near your rod all the time, im one of those who only puts my bite alarm on when im cooking or making a drink, my first carp rod i brought was a shakspear zenith 2 1/4 test curve on a carbon blank, cost me around £50 not the best rod but i have spent more and got worse for the money its a winner. Without knowing what type of fishing it is your doing its hard to recommend a rod to you. The best way is to ask your local tackle shop for a decent rod at a decent price as they will direct you in the right way. (Dont forget to match the rod to the reel ie dont get a 3lb test curve with a reel for flost fishing and 3lb line or you are going to get trouble)

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

Depends on what size of lake, size of Carp, what range will you be casting to, what breaking strain of line do you have if any? etc. etc.

I guess an all round Carp rod would be 2 or 2 12 IB TC ... Much too powerful for me, for example.

Could do alot worse than having a look at the Shimano Hyperloops.

I bought one last year and am very pleased with it.

Available in 3 different test curves, but best of all is the price. I've seen the 2 1/4 TC selling at £36.99 :)

ATB.

HB.

If you're not going to be fishing the waters where a 100 yd cast is considered to be margin fishing, then an 11ft 1 1/2lb test curve is quite big enough, and a lot more fun to use.Price is not the main criteria, as most of my rods were bought for under £30, and they do me well enough. Don't get talked into buying a rocket launcher if you're only fishing 3 acre ponds. Buy what seems best for you, ask friends what they use, and don't spend more than you feel necessary. The price tag on your rod doesn't usually impress the fish! Have fun. :)

Ive got a terminator. Its good if you dont go heavy carp fishing alot and at £15 you cant go wrong. I think they come under a few names but ask your tackle dealer and im sure it will be the same rod. I took it to drayton and found it more than adequate.

You could also look at one of these tackle fayres as you can pick up a carp rod and alarm for £20-£30.

You could do a lot worse than a Giant Carp Rod, they originally retailed for around the £100 mark but you can get them for £50 or £60 now.

Test Curve depends on wat you want to do with it 2 3/4lb is a good allrounder in my book - capable of chucking a method feeder or PVA bags and not stiff enough to ruin the action. It's better to be over gunned than under gunned in my book.

I bought the new Fox Warrior Carp rod (3Lb TC) a few weeks ago. I bought it for Pike fishing actually because I prefer big leads and wee baits and the ability to fling things for miles (good for Scottish Lochs). I also prefer a softer curve on the rod as opposed to the tippier Pike rods.

It cost me £45 and its a lovely rod. 3 legged rings, superb whipping, really smart finish, smooth reel seat and comfy etc.

I had a nice 18Lber on it 2 weeks ago and it coped beautifully. The rod hardly showed any strain and there was plenty of room for more curve. I reckon it would be the ideal rod for long distance Carp/Pike fishing. I use mine with an Emblem Big Pit reel and I havn't even tried applying a proper cast simply because it goes quite far enough.

I,m not usually one for recommending Fox gear but this was just too nice to pass up.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

quote:

Could do alot worse than having a look at the Shimano Hyperloops.

I bought one last year and am very pleased with it.

Available in 3 different test curves, but best of all is the price. I've seen the 2 1/4 TC selling at £36.99

I have three of the hyperloops and find them excellent for my fishing style.

Check out the wmac angling site they have a good price on them, i got two 2 1/2 tc and a 2 1/4 for £106 including delivery.

[ 09. July 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Bulster ]

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!