whos a ribble rver

fishtec1312

holdon ,this is going to far ,im not talking about swims

budgie if you ve a problem with me just say it.

i was talking about the river in general not were or howyou caugh it.

In your opening post you asked about a few things including were (where) people were catching.

Budgie has not even responded on this topic.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round these parts that statment looks like you would like to know detailes. If i'm wrong fairplay, I'm wrong.

Regarding hard work finding swims then yeah I've sweated buckets walking and scrabbling along miles of river banks full of cover looking for decent swims to trott and to ledger. Not very often do I just go and park my arse for hours....it ain't really my scene.

I didn't realise Budgie had even posted :lol: .

sorry budgie,yout right trigger,ive read back,and not carrying on with this ,it was someone else

In your opening post you asked about a few things including were (where) people were catching.

Budgie has not even responded on this topic.

on the ribble its not like the severn theres no pegs ,were in this case means upper lower ,its clubed up to the eyeballs,and ive said sorry to budgie.on the all stretch you will be lucky to get 50day tickets,thats on a 70mile river i know its not all barbel still

Why on earth would anyone who's found themselves a good swim share it with strangers on the internet ? The chances are the very next time they go to fish it there'll be someone sat in the swim cockin up their session.

I often tell friends or people I like/ trust about my good spots and will even take them but there's no way I'd blab to the world about my productive spots/ swims on the internet.

Ok, havin a chat about angling practices etc is great but would you actually tell everyone about a special place ?

Don't tell him nothing Ian and don't wave your maggot about, he's a spy with a telescope. :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Don't tell him nothing Ian and don't wave your maggot about, he's a spy with a telescope. :lol:

:lol: my maggots under wraps :D

Hey Brian, you gonna be testing that new rod this week ?

on the ribble its not like the severn theres no pegs ,were in this case means upper lower ,its clubed up to the eyeballs,and ive said sorry to budgie.on the all stretch you will be lucky to get 50day tickets,thats on a 70mile river i know its not all barbel still

Of course there's pegs on the ribble, usually faceing a nice swim. Often there a mere patch of worn grass or flattened undergrowth but never the less still "a peg". By the way fishtec I've been fishing the ribble for many moons myself so know a little bit about it.

:lol: my maggots under wraps :D

Hey Brian, you gonna be testing that new rod this week ?

Yes i will deffo be on the river Sunday and maybe before if i get the chance. Give us a shout if you fancy a look.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Of course there's pegs on the ribble, usually faceing a nice swim. Often there a mere patch of worn grass or flattened undergrowth but never the less still "a peg". By the way fishtec I've been fishing the ribble for many moons myself so know a little bit about it.

if i said good day in peg 98 would you no were i meant