White bread makes fish fat?

DavyR

Hehehe... next they will be banning beer, sweeties, cake, any drink with sugar in and groundbaits with banned substances in like sugar, white bread, and alcohol and naturally smoking...guess that's the coffee, sandwiches and fag's out, I think its going to be pretty quiet there, except for the sound of cormorants and Otters doing the backstroke...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I think the real problem that these fisheries are trying to stop are excessive use of white bread. Some anglers go through whole loaves in a short period of time. And if brown is healthier for the fish then make people use brown. I know that Matt Hayes invented a rig a few years ago that suggested to use a entire slice of bread molded onto the hooklength. White bread is cheap (so anglers over-feed it) and its not really healthy for a fish in large doses, so I have no objection to these bans.

As for the reason being the fish are getting too fat, typical tabloid headlines.

I think the real problem that these fisheries are trying to stop are excessive use of white bread. Some anglers go through whole loaves in a short period of time. And if brown is healthier for the fish then make people use brown. I know that Matt Hayes invented a rig a few years ago that suggested to use a entire slice of bread molded onto the hooklength. White bread is cheap (so anglers over-feed it) and its not really healthy for a fish in large doses, so I have no objection to these bans.

As for the reason being the fish are getting too fat, typical tabloid headlines.

A whole loaf? that really is excessive baiting isnt it..............................................................................

. :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Towards the end of last season I was getting through 8 loaves per short chubbing session! Spread that over a mile of healthy river and you'd barely know it was there. As usual, bans like this have to be brought in because the 'fisheries' are already in a state.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I know that Matt Hayes invented a rig a few years ago that suggested to use a entire slice of bread molded onto the hooklength.

I don't know who invented it, but it works a treat, it's the most laid back form of surface fishing I've ever tried.