Paste

christop

Middy make a paste hook to nylon which is basically a small spring on a hair are you saying that this rig is dangerous?

On a slightly different tack but following on from the comments about the 'twig rig' I have felt for some time that artificial baits were something to be avoided and the latest AT news regarding the deaths of three carp all found with fake dog biscuits inside them may herald the start of a rethink on 'unnatural foods' and fancy rigs.. who knows.

By the way, don't overlook 'Spam paste' from your local Kwiksave, too soft on its own in summer but made into 'spammy bread dough' works a treat for carp, I sat without a bite for hours the other day and after rigging up the said meaty treat had five carp within 90 minutes on a difficult day.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kwakakid:

... Dont you realise that when a carp takes the paste these two items are actually in the fishes mouth, God knows where the TWIG ends up ....

Probably ends up the same place as the other odd assorted trash a carp takes in along with food.

They eat and grow fat on a diet heavy in crayfish in some places and the crays have those shells that break into sharp pieces and claws that are harder and sharper than a twig would be.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm an Archie Braddock fan. On his website, he advocates the use of a small piece of crust mounted on the bend of the hook and the paste moulded to this. I tried it for the first time last weekend and am really impressed. Check it out.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Probably ends up the same place as the other odd assorted trash a carp takes in along with food.

They eat and grow fat on a diet heavy in crayfish in some places and the crays have those shells that break into sharp pieces and claws that are harder and sharper than a twig would

So what your saying Newt is that its ok to use such items to wrap your Paste around.

i use a paste made of ground trout pellet only, i think its all in how you mix it as to its consitansy. i mix mine with raw egg as it binds real well or if i am finding it hard to catch on a water i use egg and hemp water thats the most devestaing way i know. to keep it on the hook is another problem i had untill i placed a no8 shot on the bend of the hook.

quote:

The springs that you refer to are Dangerous to the fish and regarding using a piece of TWIG

where the HELL has that idea come from.

what about boile stops then made from plastic

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

I note that Johnclarke is considering using a treble hook for carping. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

The difference between using an inch long twig and a plastic boilie stop is the SIZE.

To be honest I am sometimes horrified by some of the thought I see expressed.

Please everyone when fishing, think of the safety and wellbeing of the fish first, middle and last.

If you can't find a way to do that then give up fishing.

Cheers all

Bill

What's wrong with using a treble for carping? Why should it hurt a carp more than a pike? Or a chub, perch etc when spinning? I got the idea from my hero, Mr Crabtree - remember the par-boiled potato?

I'm still asking the question, mind you, and I accept that some of the other ideas may be better.

john clarke