Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

PW.I don't want to be one of yours thank you,

not one fish in the thousands you claim to of caught,has ever bled,thats some statement,i must be doing it all wrong then,last season i had 76 barble over 5lb out of the ribble,they were all hooked in the mouth and some of them did bleed when i unhooked them,i care as much about there welfare than the rest,but it did happen,maybe you need glasses.

fox's.Naive,lets see who's naive,the statement"what happens to the cubs"is tipical of what an anti would quote.

Lets get one thing straight,hunting does'nt start till the magority of cubs are fending for themselves,they dont have to rear them,theres an endless supply in the wild.

PS.are you a member of the R.S.P.C.A. SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT.

KBONE,lol.telling me to hopit,whats up,the truth starting to hurt,ive only just started. :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MP,it means that iam not a member of the ca,iam a member of the basc,i do support the ca though,what i am saying ar'nt lies,they are just views i have,they are not meant to offend anybody,freedom of speech,each to there own,etc,etc.

rgds blackworm....

Oh well, I haven't caught many carp and never a barbel! So I have to stand corrected on that one.

Den, my issue with the CA is a simple one. I am scared that anglers will be associated with foxhunters and if fox hunting goes then angling will be dragged down with the CA.

On a personal basis I have no wish to be associated with those who fox hunt. I have no wish to be used.

My biggest concern is as to why the CA should want us anglers onboard. I am convinced that they want us for one reason, and one reason only, to use our number to further their cause. I do not, for one minute, believe that if all else goes, that the CA will support us anglers. I am convinced that we are being cynically used and that it is a totally one sided affair. We are nothing more than numerical fodder.

The CA has made enourmous efforts to attract anglers. Anglers have made no efforts to attract the CA. The CA has forced itself, unasked, onto angling. I really resent that, big time.

Blackworm, yes, I WAS a supporter and member of the RSPCA, as were a number of farmer/ shooting relatives. With the advent of their new Chief Executive, and clear anti hunting and fishing agenda, I no longer support them in any way. Clearly you are an angler, and I apologise for doubting you, but your comments are not what I would have expected from an angler.

Pro Angler, Pro Shooter, Anti Fox Hunter, and proud of it!

[ 18. February 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter W, I totally support everything you say on your last post. just for the record I rarely catch fish with blood in their mouths. Maybe people who witness this regullarly are playing them too hard.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter,

Hunting gets banned,the ca have only the shooters to defend,with hunting gone the anti's turn on the shooters[there not just going to dissapear]the ca defend the shooters but fail,shooting is banned,the anti's are still here and there is only fishing left,there is no ca anymore,who defends the anglers ?

Just for the record I have had fish bleed on me. Pike when they have been hooked in the rakers for example, but not in the mouth.

I've gutted thousands of sea fish, soon after death, hardly gallons of gushing blood!

But how anyone can call angling a blood sport is beyond me, it really is. Bloodsport, surely, is where blood is intentionlly spilt. Few fish, if any, bleed like animals or mammels.

Blackworm, I'd be quite happy to see foxhunting go the way of bear-baiting etc. I do not see shooting as likely to go, and angling even less so. I would not oppose anglers and shooters working together. But as to who would fight for anglers, well, anglers would, should it ever come to that!

A fish is a fish, it is not an animal.

[ 18. February 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Dearest DCB,

"Angling is not a Blood Sport.

Angling is a TOWN and COUNTRY SPORT.

End of story."

I always thought that "Town and Country" encapsulated the hessian type undergarments as favoured to be worn by my wife, or, the oversized exaggerated four by four type vehicles purchased by some families merely to serve as conveyances for taking their kids to school. Or perhaps a swish magazine intended for the country set that have all mostly moved to the "sticks" from London. What what!

Angling is not a blood sport.

Angling is a social sport. Perhaps above all others as its participants span the entire social spectrum right across the world.

End of story.

Or the beginning.

Regards,

Lee.