Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

Peter Martin:

I think you will find that there is a huge difference between the prolonged chase that ends in a warm bloodied mammal being torn apart by dogs and the hooking of a cold bloodied fish that does not have the neurological equipment to feel either pain or fear.  If you can defend the practice of hunting with hounds then be my guest but don't ride on the back of fishing.

WELL SAID PETER!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony B.T Jolley

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackworm,

Yours was a post consisting almost totally of sweeping generalisations of the type made by people who know of the sport, but have no real experience.

Are you a beginner?

In fact are you an angler at all?

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

peter mccue:

Blackworm, In fact are you an angler at all?

Peter, I was thinking exactly the same myself, however looking at his previous posts - it suggests he is.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why he has made such a post:

** "mpbdsnu,YES.

pw,if you dont class fishing as a bloodsport,what happens when you strike a hook into a fishes mouth?

Answer..9 times out of 10 it bleeds,so if thats not a bloodsport iam not a angler.

ok match anglers pile massive amounts of fish,[carp or silver fish]into keepnets for long periods of time,in hot weather,

carp anglers take there catch out of the water to be all loveydovey with them[iam not against that bye the way]put some clinic in there mouths and return them.

Game anglers catch there trout or salmon,either nock them on the head or put them back,if they are coulored up.

If you look at all these examples they all cause the fish stress or suffering,yet you go ahead and do it without a blink of the eye.

as for the releasing of fox's into the wild,I think somone has been telling porkies,the only people that release them are the animal groups.

It may sound like i am having a go but iam not,iam just telling it how i have seen it,alot of people believe what they read or hear,which is usually somthing the anti's have made up" **

well chaps,iam 33yrs old,been fishing since i could walk,the reason for the thread is i am sick of anglers pertraying that they are different than the hunters,it realy gets up my nose.

pm,

as far as iam conserned,if the blood is warm or cold it is still blood,i rest my case.

dcb,

town and country sport,THAT INVOLVES BLOOD!!!!!

END OF STORY.

Blackworm,

Having taken mp's example it would appear you are an angler.

Can I suggest that you look a little deeper into your statements before you post them, the issue of whether or not angling is a blood sport is a complex one.

It is not best served by you as an angler putting forward opinions that are spurious & clearly not relevant to the modern angler.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Blackworm (and everyone else for that matter). Using such emotive and simplistic terms as "blood sport" does more to play into the hands of those who want to ban our sport and simply confuses the issues in the minds of the public. Just for the record I went out with a friend on a shoot once and although didn't feel it was for me saw no problem with it. The Phesents had a free range life and a quick death better than a life of a battery farmed chicken. I feel I would be able to support shooting but would use arguments that related to shooting not arguments that relate to fishing as the issues are quite seperate. Tehse issues are complicated and we need to try and bring some intellegence to the debate rather than be tempeted to be simplistic.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Blackworm, you are more than welcome on AnglersNet, I'd happily treat you to a pint, if you're down by way, but clearly you are not one of us.

9 times out of ten a fish's mouth bleeds when its hooked, ummmmmmmm, are you sure? What are you doing wrong? 9 out of 10, remarkable, rather like 9 out of 10 cats prefering so and so cat food, a rather pat statistic. When you cut your finger nails do they bleed? Ummmmmm, I thought not!

If you really are an angler then, my friend, your technique is to pot, and even then, its not the mouth that bleeds. In my life I have caught tens of thousands of fish, sea, coarse and game, NON have had bleeding mouths, NOT one!

So some one is telling porkies when they say that foxes are released into the wild. Lets get one thing clear Mr Worm, I'm not a liar. What do you really think happens to a vixen's cubs when she is killed? Are they left in their earth to die, or to fend for themselves? You can't hunt foxes if there are no foxes to be hunted, you are being incredibly naive.

For your information I grew up in the country, my folk were landed. A very good friend of mine was a keeper on a nearby estate that has its own hunt.

Are you related to Theresa Thom? Nice girl, heck, she could get about! :P

P.S. When did you learn to walk? :D

[ 18. February 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Dear Mr. Blackworm.

I think you should stick to hunting and wildfowling, because even though you say you have been fishing for a number of years you have not learnt very much about fish.

I have been fishing for 44 years and I have never seen blood on the mouth of a hooked fish.

I think you have said enough, now it's time for you to get on with your sport (hunting & wildfowling) and let us anglers get on with ours.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I have been fishing for well over 50 years and I HAVE seen many fish, especially Carp and roach with blood coming from where the hook has penetrated. It is quite common to see blood around the hook hole on very large carp,and not just the ones I have caught, but many of the fish caught by others that I have witnessed.

The use of forceps is an isuue which I seem to be alone in deploring, It is claimed that the hook is easier to remove with forceps, and I agree. It is the same as when pulling nails out with pliers, feels easy, but does not mean that it does less damage.

Speaking from a LOT of experience I can tell you that it is better to ease the hook out with your fingers than to give a quick twist and pull with forceps.

Peter, what is your issue with the CA?

Den

[ 18. February 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic