Angler's Net Fish-In at Wingham

Steve Burke

Despite the Fish-In being just 7 days away I've had just a handful of firm bookings.........

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the top.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve,

This looks a really generous offer and I'd love to come and have a go for those tench and talk books!

However, I'm not sure if I can sort out other commitments I've got this weekend. I'll discuss tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Best Regards

To the top again. The last chance to book will be tomorrow.

It's ironic Steve. Here I want to make plans to attend some year (finances should get better) and am willing to travel over 4000 miles to do so.

Yet all these folks who live within a couple hundred miles of you and you haven't filled the available spots yet. I'm driving around 400 miles round trip to attend a single day of a weekend fish-in this Sunday and the only likely fish are some smaller carp (rarely above doubles from this particular swim) and some tiddler catfish who won't make it above low singles. Going mostly to have fun with friends I only see once a year.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

It's ironic Steve.  Here I want to make plans to attend some year (finances should get better) and am willing to travel over 4000 miles to do so.

Yet all these folks who live within a couple hundred miles of you and you haven't filled the available spots yet.  I'm driving around 400 miles round trip to attend a single day of a weekend fish-in this Sunday and the only likely fish are some smaller carp (rarely above doubles from this particular swim) and some tiddler catfish who won't make it above low singles.  Going mostly to have fun with friends I only see once a year.

Wingham is a members only venue with a chance for many to get personal bests of several different species. Yet believe it or not I'm got just 7 coming!! In the event there would have been no reason to close the venue to my syndicate members.

In case I've missed someone, here is the list of firm bookings (rather than just enquiries):

Rob Ward

Dave L.

Rikster & friend

John Westley & cousin, Steve.

Leon

If you want to book please remember to do so by e-mailing me, not by posting here.

Steve,

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I've been away from a working terminal for a couple of days.

Unfortunately, commitments have won and I can't get there this weekend, but good luck to all who are going.

Congrats on the cracking perch.

Regards

Steve,

I'm firmly and definately on-call this weekend and with me wanting next Sunday off to travel down to my Mates place ready for the 'off' next Monday first thing, I didn't want to mess about with chopping and changing call-out dates with my colleagues so I knew straight away that I wouldn't be able to come along and take advantage of your offer.

I hope that this offer can be repeated at some time in the future when I'll happily spend the six or so hours travelling down, and sitting in Southeren traffic jams, to your end of the country ( far less time I'm sure than Newt will take to drive his paltry couple of hundred miles) Anyhow, I hope you all have a memorable days fishing. Tight lines.

Paul