The christening

Tigger

Blimey 15 ripp's, I bet you snatched their hands off, ya jammy bugger. If need to move it on you've got my number ;) .

Hey Brian, did you not get my pm's about your trip with Dave ?

Sorry Ian missed that.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love em Brian, but I prefer the 501's ;)

Whats the difference?

I had a 501 years ago myself and only thing Ive noticed is this 506 seems to hold more line.

Whats the difference?

I had a 501 years ago myself and only thing Ive noticed is this 506 seems to hold more line.

They both hold the same ammount of line Brian. The 501 doesn't have a drag as such but backwinds instead. It actually has a screw on the handle to stiffen up the backwind so it can be used as a drag. The 506 can have the pawl removed to allow backwinding but I'd keep it origional if I was you.

They both hold the same ammount of line Brian. The 501 doesn't have a drag as such but backwinds instead. It actually has a screw on the handle to stiffen up the backwind so it can be used as a drag. The 506 can have the pawl removed to allow backwinding but I'd keep it origional if I was you.

Sound interesting. So long as it don't start smoking when hook something that pulls back. :)

Sound interesting. So long as it don't start smoking when hook something that pulls back. :)

Smokin...you can give it one of your roll ups :lol: Being serious Brian they're brilliant little reels.

Crikey, Ian, you'll never get insurance for that reel now. It's priceless!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

501/506/506M Still cant be beat as running water waggler reels IMO Brian.

I can see a plan for waggler fished bread flake in some hard to reach winter chub pegs coming together. It might even help slow the onset of hypothermia down if i don't need to stand in the river so much this winter. :)

Ian well done chap everyone seems to be catching Barbs on the pin ,Except me of course gonna have to pull my finger out face .

Nice looking reel nothing quite like the excitment of the first time you use a new toy eh? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: