Reasons to be cheerful

gozzer

Nothing to do with Ian Drury, although we might have a few 'Blockheads' on the forum. ;)

With a few posts mentioning the negative posts on here, (and with me being one of the more pessimistic and cynical among us), I invite you to post your (Angling related), Reasons to be cheerful.

But be ready for your suggestions to be debunked by our resident gang of miserable sods, (me included).

Over to you lot.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching a fish :D

Out in the open air, and sometimes rain. :lol:

Making new chums B)

Helping the economy, buying from tackle shops, etc. :P

And most important, getting away from the mrs and kids :o

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

gozzer,

The last two times I've been fishing was to conduct "elementary" fishing day festivities (in conjunction with the Department of Natural Resources) for 6 to 12 year old beginners.

So, I'm real cheerful I don't have to go fishing again this weekend.

Phone

gozzer,

The last two times I've been fishing was to conduct "elementary" fishing day festivities (in conjunction with the Department of Natural Resources) for 6 to 12 year old beginners.

So, I'm real cheerful I don't have to go fishing again this weekend.

Phone

I thought teaching beginners would be a grerat felling and a cause to make you happy ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well, I woke up still breathing this morning, that's always a good start :D

In two weeks we move into our new house with my very own lake :clap2:

I was over there yesterday and it looked just fine with fish moving all over.

The idea of being able to get up at first light and wander the 25yards down to the lake for a couple of hours fishing before the start of business makes me very cheerful.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Does the question apply to fishin' related cheer...or does any old random cheer count too? :)...

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Does the question apply to fishin' related cheer...or does any old random cheer count too? :)

I didn't phrase the question very well Emma. Sorry all.

All of the above (except Phone of course :rolleyes: ) are indeed worthy of personal cheerfulness. But I was looking for something to make me (and the other grumps), feel cheerful and positive about angling in general, and it's future.

At the moment I feel that my pessimistic view is winning, and until someone post a few positives, then I'll feel vindicated about feeling the way I do.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Andrew,

I wish I were so noble. It is quite the opposite. All my intentions are good. You know, teach a kid to fish, keep them off the streets, etc etc. And in fact it works. It is their faces that display cheerfulness when a "catch anything" fish comes to the bank.

I on the other hand I personally am a nervous wreck. Someone is going to get hurt, (though it rarely happens). Every line is a knotted mess. Yes, I know where the bathroom is - come with me. No, you may not chase the girls with a perch - stop.

Most are civil and want to learn, it only takes a couple.

Emma,

My most effective suggestion for folks like you is the following exercise.

Lay your hand on a hard surface and smack your thumb with a hammer. Amazing how cheerful you will be when it quits throbbing. Cheerfulness is relative.

Phone

Phone,

Stress, stress and more stress. LoL

“Vescere bracis meis”