Firefox Versions

Newt

I think most of us who use FF have seen the message about upgrading to V6. It caught me by surprise since V5 is so new and I held off so they could work out the bugs that are almost always present in a new version.

Now I don't know exactly what is going on with the nice folks at Firefox since their planned release schedule is a new version every 6 weeks at least through V13 in early 2012.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do these people need to "improve" something that works?

bar safety updates nothings needed.

will they also become fat bloated bits of software with additions or features no-one uses ?

i prefer a thoroughbred not a cart horse

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Got to say having had time to do a bit of reading and looking lately I have had to arrive at the very sad conclusion that FF has SERIOUSLY lost it's way! Bloated?? CERTAINLY is from the first manifest and the browser which was promised! And it is getting no better that is for certain!

Where Chrome is just what FF set out to be! And more and more are deserting FF to be with Chrome and I will not be the last I fear!! I do at least know one thing, version 6 will NOT be getting installed as long as I say!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I finally decided to install it. As nearly as I can tell, the only changes were that two scripts I liked using no longer function. Bah, humbug.

I wish I liked Chrome.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I no longer see it as us and them, but them and ??????? I HATED Chrome Newt, but it is now I think nearer to FF than it is going to get! And lets face it FF is NOT going anywhere fast?

I know NOTHING about scripts, leave that to you "clever boys" But I know what I like and I didn't used to LIKE Chrome. But FF is SURE wining me over to it!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

can you get rid of tabbed browsing in chrome yet?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

can you get rid of tabbed browsing in chrome yet?
Why would you want to?? Best thing since sliced bread!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why would you want to?? Best thing since sliced bread!

was by far the most impressive addition to any browser i had seen in a while, when im developing a website ive got roughly 5-6 tabs at one time (cpanel, website, admin panel, phpmyadmin, php & mysql reference site & anglersnet of course :rolleyes: )

you dont even wanna know how many i got open when im looking for some blue movies :lol:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk