Ashamed to be a fisherman...

chubsta

As Elton stated on light tackle doggies give an excellent account of them selves. They are also excellent eating fish and again as stated make an excellent scampi tasting dish.

As FB said looks more like a long liner than an RSA this time, the huss and doggies were probably kept as pot bait and not used so discarded.

It is a shame to blame youngsters, I fish with a large number who are excellent anglers and show great respect to their catch, see below as a good example, I gave this particular report a five star rating.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=121558

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost certain to be a longliner, or discards from a charter boat (if there were definite hook marks on them).

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

.... or discards from a charter boat

Can't let yer get away with that one, Cranny!

No self-respecting angling charter skipper (in the South) would allow dead discards of this type.

You have a simple choice on all the boats I fish from Dover to Weymouth - keep it if you want to eat it (and it's big enough) or put it back. Some forward-thinking skippers in Poole, Langstone and Weymouth ask for a voluntary bag limit (4 is usual) for species like bream.

<_<

No self-respecting angling charter skipper (in the South) would allow dead discards of this type.

You have a simple choice on all the boats I fish from Dover to Weymouth - keep it if you want to eat it (and it's big enough) or put it back. Some forward-thinking skippers in Poole, Langstone and Weymouth ask for a voluntary bag limit (4 is usual) for species like bream.

<_<

:D Welcome back H.A. Have you served your period in quarantine yet as there are plenty of fish about. :D

<_<

I take your point and agree that most Skippers lay the rules down hard.

However, there are a lot of small dogfish being caught on the boats at the moment and sometimes deep hooked small dogfish don't survive amateur attempts at unhooking them.

Sometimes the Skipper is busy and doesn't see everything and then you have the, not so "self respecting" ones.

Perhaps I should also have extended my comment to include all the small privately owned boats that fish in this area.

<_<

Thought you hadn't been afloat for along time H A, haven't seen any voluntary bag limits either. Mind you, i've never seen any waste aboard, don't happen. Even if the fish is released dead it invariably ends up back in the food chain, not tossed on the beach above tide level, charter boats causing that, na.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I don't want to get into a **** contest :rolleyes: , but I never read anything about being "above tide level" and quite often dead fish that are too large for the gulls get washed ashore.

I don't want to get into a **** contest :rolleyes: , but I never read anything about being "above tide level" and quite often dead fish that are too large for the gulls get washed ashore.

Didn't mean to cause an argument, however it was clear in post one to me where it said: thrown up the beach. This is where i had difficulty in believing it could be charter boats. sorry.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sounds like these are discards from a long liner if there is hook damage,Possibly a charter Crew who took them then couldnt be assed with the task of skinning them ( that angers me). you would not normaly encounter Huss on Hythe Beach its not deep enough and the ground is wrong??? or am I missing out on a good bit of fishing, plenty of Doggies (LSD'S)though, It is never good to see dead fish caused by Greed, Mate Im with you on that.

Huss ( Greater Spotted Dogfish) can be caught at Hythe, Iv'e caught three in one day there, with very long casts by the rock groyn near the fish restaurant.

Lesser spotted are being caught in large numbers at the moment, so it is possible these unfortunate fish were caught by two or three anglers.

Went down to Hythe beach today to have a little sunbathe. Walking along i found about 10 Huss and dogfish that had just been thrown up on the beach to die...

They had obviously been caught on a rod and line because you could see the hook marks on a couple of the mouths, so i cannot for the life of me understand why someone would just kill something for the sake of it. Instead of just putting them back in the water, they had turned around and thrown them up the beach where they would have died slow and agonising deaths.

When i say to people i go fishing i often stress that i love fish and return everything i catch to the river or sea, and thats what most fishermen do. Right now i feel sick at what was done to the poor creatures.