chair

viney

Just looking for a few opinions/mini reviews of chairs people use for fishing, need to replace mine as its far too uncomfortable for long river sessions.

What I'm looking for is a light easy to carry chair that's well padded and reclined (my current chair does not reclined to becomes very uncomfortable after an hour or so!)

Birthdays coming up so not looking for cheap Crap want something that will last!

Matt

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Just looking for a few opinions/mini reviews of chairs people use for fishing, need to replace mine as its far too uncomfortable for long river sessions.

What I'm looking for is a light easy to carry chair that's well padded and reclined (my current chair does not reclined to becomes very uncomfortable after an hour or so!)

Birthdays coming up so not looking for cheap Crap want something that will last!

Matt

Hello I have one chair which suits for you, but I can't now to show you it. It has middle size, it is with seat-back and I can seat on it whole day it's checked. I'll try to send you photo or a name of model.

Hello I have one chair which suits for you, but I can't now to show you it. It has middle size, it is with seat-back and I can seat on it whole day it's checked. I'll try to send you photo or a name of model.

i have a JRC defender chair for river work/short sessions when i cant be arsed dragging a massive session chair about. Its well padded and pretty light but doesnt recline. It is at a comfortable-ish angle but when i want to recline a bit i just extended the front legs.

If you want an all out reclining, sprung foam mattress, session chair look at the JRC Cocoon Excel. Never sat on a more comfortable chair!

gone

One of these may be worth a look

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Prestig...0-t3235608.html

or another from the Prestige range.

http://www.prestige-engineeringuk.co.uk/newproducts.html

I have bought one of the fat boy comfi chairs for session fishing and it is so good that my my coccoon has been relegated to the shed

Il second that had an original cocoon up until this year when it broke (15 years and i got it second hand). Could only be replaced by the new 2011 model. oh my...now that is a comfy chair.

Matt my Chub chair isn`t bad adjust legs and not to heavy ,Bought from happy Tone spur of the moment last winter and have not regreted the purchase ....did regret asking him how his day was going :rolleyes: Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I've recently been researching chairs as it happens. For years - over 10 years! - I've used a JRC 'Terry Hearn' reclining chair for all my fishing. 10 years on and it's still like new. However, it's a steel frame and is a lot of weight to drag around when roving about in the winter.

I weighed it and it weighs 6kg.

Finding light, comfortable chairs is hard, most are still steel framed and heavy (despite many calling themselves 'lightweight'). There really isn't much choice in aluminium framed chairs. The two best that I found (unless you can find an old Nash Lounge Lizard in good nick) were the Chub Hi-Lite (long legs) or Lo-Lite (short legs), or the JRC X-Lite. All these weigh around 3-3.5kg. In the end I decided the JRC suited me best and I got that (3.1kg, and looks as well made as I'd expect from JRC).

If you want a reclining version, there is also a JRC X-Lite Recliner, which weighs a little more.

EDIT - I think there might also be a Chub lightweight aluminium chair, but I can't remember right now.... I seem to remember it looking very uncomfortable.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Seriously have a look at the prestige lightweight chair. I have had a Nash lounge lizard for my river fishing for many years which is still going strng but with its adjustable back I am leaning more and more to the prestige chair which I think is quite reasonable at under £50 from several sources.

http://www.prestige-engineeringuk.co.uk/lightchair.html

yes the prestige with recliner or the jrc lo chair no recliner very light

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I use the JRC x-lite chair. It's ok but obviously there are limitations if the fixed rake is not comfortable for your body posture. I tried it first and it's ok for me, although sometimes I stuff my jacket in the small of my back if I have been sitting for a long time with no bites :)

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not