Women Drivers..

They push through you in traffic qeues.

And that's the one that really upsets car drivers! I see them fuming in their stationary metal boxes every day as I sail past them on my motorbike. "I'm stuck, so everyone else should be!" seems to be the car drivers' mantra.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe motorists should give cyclists more attention.

I saw one knob in a flash car cut a cyclist up on a roundabout. The cyclist was doing everything right, indicating with his arm and sticking to the lane. That was until this knob cut right in front of him at the exit. I swear i saw the knob laughing.

As a conscientious road user did you not assist the cyclist and provide him with a witness statement?

The driver would have been prosecuted for careless driving...6 pointer I believe.

The problem I see it is that people who use the road think they are the only one on the road.

Me personnally, I drive as if every other road user is an idiot and that way I always pre-suppose the other road user is going to do something stupid.

I am always aware of cyclists given that I was almost killed off my bike when I was 15.

@ colin---it is the pushing through that causes issues when the s**ts take of your car parts, like mirrors or scrape your paintwork..

AT JUNCTIONS, TRAFFIS LIGHTS, ROUNDABOUTS AND SUCH ONLY EMERGENCY SERVICES HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUSH THROUGH.

Edited by Now there's a right un.

it is the pushing through that causes issues when the s**ts take of your car parts, like mirrors or scrape your paintwork..

AT JUNCTIONS, TRAFFIS LIGHTS, ROUNDABOUTS AND SUCH ONLY EMERGENCY SERVICES HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUSH THROUGH.

Who cares if a few mirrors get knocked off? Car drivers don't know what they are there for anyway.

QUOTE (Now there's a right un. @ Sep 11 2011, 11:46 PM)

As a conscientious road user did you not assist the cyclist and provide him with a witness statement?

The driver would have been prosecuted for careless driving...6 pointer I believe.

Yes i did go forward and see if he was ok. :D

No one got the knobs licence plate number, sped off you see. :o more than likely they were more interested in the well being of a fellow cyclist.

Luckily the cyclist was unhurt, he has the safety gear on, helmet, knee pads and elbow pads

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I got into a debate about cyclists on another forum and the biggest complaint was about cyclists ignoring the rules of the road - especially undertaking on the approach to traffic lights.

As a result of the bitching, I made a mental note of what happened as I approached a junction in Birmingham city centre the next day. I positioned myself in the middle of the road as I approached the junction because I knew that I would be turning right immediately after merging with traffic coming from my right. I was undertaken by no less than ten cars - not one of which should have been there are the road is designated for buses, taxis and bikes only. So much for the rules of the road.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Who cares if a few mirrors get knocked off? Car drivers don't know what they are there for anyway.

If that is the mindset of cyclists I am going to carry a mini sledgehammer in my boot.

If a cyclist hits my car I will get out and break up his bike with the hammer....who cares if a few bikes get trashed.

@ Ken L---if you have a mounted camera you can provide this information to the police and they will follow up.

I have to agree that cyclists who behave correctly need the same protection as any other road user.

Like everyone, I've almost been in serious accidents several times thanks to other drivers. The distinction seems to be that the women who nearly killed me did it by accident, while the men did it on purpose.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

All,

Never tried - but can you imagine the havoc I could cause driving in England? I am totally conditioned to driving on the "correct" side of the road with the steering wheel being on the "correct" side. I've never even tried for fear of "reacting" incorrectly in a situation. I just KNOW I would.

I even stepped off the curb out in front of a taxi in London because I "looked the wrong way" as a pedestrian.

I'd guess you better never trust a Yank to even a greater degree than women whilst driving. Problem is, how do you spot us coming?

Phone

All,

Never tried - but can you imagine the havoc I could cause driving in England? I am totally conditioned to driving on the "correct" side of the road with the steering wheel being on the "correct" side. I've never even tried for fear of "reacting" incorrectly in a situation. I just KNOW I would.

I even stepped off the curb out in front of a taxi in London because I "looked the wrong way" as a pedestrian.

I'd guess you better never trust a Yank to even a greater degree than women whilst driving. Problem is, how do you spot us coming?

Phone

This has to be one of the best replies on this post...trust an American....No Really!!

A difficult one.

With the worst of the loud clothing down out of sight behind the dashboard, we'd have to rely on the unfeasibly white teeth - trouble is, that only works if you're smiling.

Damn, this is almost as tense a Bourke's Drift.

"Don't step out 'till you see the yellow of their teeth.."

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.