new threads and linking them

John Weddup

Elton

I nearly stopped posting reecently when first Anderoo got upset and then I heard few others had.

I then got a bit upset myself.

Mine was mostly about topics going astray.

I have learn't that members often only dip into topics that interest them much as I do.

When a pike fishing topic for example becomes a zander fishing topic nobody who reads the title then bothers to read the posts unless they are interested in both.

This thereby robs the interested person of information built up by members over a number of years and reduces the (out of the box thinking) for idea's. This in return reduces the power and appeal of the forum.

It would be really usefull for the forum members and the forum if a way to link changing topics or rename them could be worked out.

regards

John

John,

My appologies again. Then, there's a third choice. Some poster have the attention span of a 2 yr old. You're quite welcome to comment although I am quite proud of my heritage (on my mothers side). On many sites there are two groups. The "ohh my god, it's a pike (insert species). On the other hand there's the "it's a fu--ing fish" crowd (I'm president). Both take a considerably different approach to having fun. But, the goal is to have fun. I'll try not to have fun at your expense. If you've read some of my posts - you know I'll have to be "corrected" from time to time. However, I do have the advantage of catching literally MILLIONS of fish. You can be assured I know fish and anglers. And, I lie.

My thinking is usually right up your alley if you REALLY want "out of the box". Know what I mean?? Nothing more fun that challanging a stoic Brit's reasoning. I've not met one yet that can answer - WHY?

Phone

Personally I rather like the way that topics meander from subject to subject, rather like a good conversation amongst friends, which is what the forum should be.

I always think that starting a thread is like launching a snowball down a hill. Some just go a few feet and stop, others roll on, gathering speed and picking up more snow until there is a full blown avalanche. Mostly though they just roll down until they run out of momentum.

Of course, once you start the ball rolling you have no say in where it ends up.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Elton

I nearly stopped posting reecently when first Anderoo got upset and then I heard few others had.

John

I'd say that sounds a bit play ground'ish John.

As Dave says threads do follow different paths, they nearly always do, just like conversations do when your actually talking to people, it's perfectly normal.

I understand what you are saying so yes may'be I am wrong.

Its just that anyone using the search facility or looking for info about certain aspects of our sport will miss out on good info from expereinced anglers.

Obviously the difference is I take the site seriously as a fishing information and sharing forum where'as to quote

Its like a conversation/discussion.

Of course the big difference in a conversation or discussion is all parties hear all comments unless of course its their round and they are at the bar. :D

I just though when a topic changes entirely from one subject to another, on the angling front, another sub title could be added to the topic title by a moderator.

regards

John