Forgive me, chaps, for I have sinned...

Wordbender

I say! You rough piking types have jolly well hijacked my topic! :(

Now, unless I receive absolution of my tele-sins, I may ask the EA to prosecute you all for some trumped-up misdemeanour.

Obviously Peter won't get done, coz he's a pensioner.

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont you just take your TV a sega dreamcast, segabass fishing and one of them reel looking control pads with you?

You wont even have to get out of your bedchair to catch fish.

An even better idea is just stay at home and watch fishing on the box.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

An even better idea is just stay at home and watch fishing on the box.

Erm...no it isn't, because I wouldn't be out fishing then, would I Rudd - you natural diplomat you. :rolleyes:

Besides, as previously stated in this thread, I loathe bleepy computer games. Do keep up, mate!

[ 25. February 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

Oh to be a cultured carper rather than a nasty rough piking type.

I'm sorry, oh humble yet cultured sinner. You have further weakened the ideals of the idealists by adding your number to the ranks of the unrefined who doss out, surrounded by Special Brew and televised pap, in their quest for undeserved glory and high acclaim in the pages of inconsequence, unless it's in Waterlog or Creel! You have sinned against the dictates of the Grand Emporer Ming, himself a fully paid up member of the Ancient Order of the Silver Scale Club. Next thing we get to know is that you'll have a pin-table in your bivvy :mad: !

Interestly we uncultured rough types are baying for the blood of the greatest sinner of all, Peter Collins. His crime, he set some night lines, but they weren't attached to rods, not like wot you bivvy boys do ! I mean to say, old chap, slinging out a matching trio of night lines whilst watching the infernal box, what's the world coming too? Dreadfully unsporting what!!

Peter Waller:

Oh to be a cultured carper rather than a nasty rough piking type.

Sadly, old thing, I fear 'tis a dream that must go unrealised. It's all about the appreciation of what's important in our splendid world of angling, and you avowed piking people are genetically indisposed to such crucial ephemera. :rolleyes:

Do you greet your angling companions with 'Ello Geez', or attribute everything worthy of praise with the appellation 'pukka!'? I think not.

Nor do you actively seek to 'keep it real', spend the majority of your time and disposable income pre-baiting swims, or sacrifice the remainder of your funds on wearing the latest camouflage clothing whilst sitting behind sufficient quantities of stainless steel to render you visible from the moon.

Until you fully embrace such traits, Peter, you are condemned to haunt the classless void that is pikerdom, my friend.

Sorry mate, I don't make the rules - that's just the way it is.

malevans:

Bait boats :mad:

Are for those who cannot cast.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hi Peter,

I am not keen on fish finders etc etc or echo sounders for trolling Lochs, but where the line is drawn has to be personal, because the logic thread is so convoluted that an argument for going back to greenheart rods can result. I do use electronic alarms when carping, cos I cannot stay awake anymore :(

Worse than any technology as such, is a scenerio, (like at the lake my mate fishes) so weedy you row the baits out, you then hook up and fish gets weeded very quickly so you row out and net it. Whats the point ?

I stick by my posting on another thread live and let live. But I still hate bait boats.....

Is a mobile phone a sin cos ya can ring ya wife when you discover you have bivvied up and have forgot all the bait or Ermmmmmmmmm your reels

Has anywun thought of putting the TV at the waters edge to see if the carp will be attracted to it.

I wunder what programme they would watch??? lol

"Muddlin' along"