So how did we all get on???

Ed_P

The Gipping was a little crowded at 18.00.

The usual faces all getting their fix.

Sadly the chub spots were taken so I went in search of Perch.

out came a 5lb+ bream ????

even better 6 other large shadows all shot off while I scrapped with the bream.

Needless to say I went home with a glazed grin... just like the rest of them.

"Muddlin' along"

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wunnus

you have mail.

Wunnus - One house, any connection?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Good, glad to hear every1 had a good time, fishing or not. :D Lets just hope we can get decent catches all season. I know i'll be looking for my first bream over 5lb all season and lets hope those eels can stay away. :rolleyes: Just can't wait til saturday-first competition of the season. Lets hope that 1 goes well.

Good luck for the rest of the season...

Ed

no no - keep the Eels coming! :) I'm hoping a few of those on Wednesday night, if the pre-baiting does it's job, also hoping for a few chub, and the odd trout that passes, can't wait, there are some real creatures starting to come out of the Ribble :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Absolutely b***er all, although I was a mere stones throw from the Loddon, I was scratched to death because I was working taking a Holly bush down!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

well forced by the rules we got the fishery at 3:30 1 hour before sunrise (well I am a baliff). Fished the Nidd for 2 hours - 1 chublet and 1 gonk, moved onto the swale which had more water in it (around 2 feet)lost a barbel and landed one around 6lb - size 18 hook to 2lb hook length (only thing is not telling how long it took me to get it in)

Finally as the sun rose and we could see every pebble on the bottom, went to a local lake and caught around 12lb of rudd high in the water on mag and wag.

Then fell beautifully asleep back in the van on the way home (me not driving).

s'pose that's what we spend all that time looking forward to eh ?

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

What a scorcher it was, arrived on the little river douglas about lunchtime, fished through the hottest part of the day, my lad and I between us had 10 chub, 3 perch, an eel and a brown trout! quite a surprise for a river once known as the 'dirty duggie'

All the fish were small, the chub perfect and looked as though they had never seen a hook before.

I wish now that I had taken my 'pin for a trial run.... next time.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates