Bailing out the Euro

ColinW

No you didn't but it's what you implied.

Think what you will, but if i wanted to say that i would have said it.

And yes i have had similar arguments with French citizens, and arguments with German citizens.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try Matthew Cobbs "The Resistance: The French Fight Against the Nazis", Charlotte Delbo's Book "Convoy to Auschwitz: Women of the French Resistance" and John Sweets' "Choices in Vichy France: The French Under Nazi Occupation" for starters.

My Godparents Polish Jewish family were murdered there. !!!

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Yep, I did. I was also tongue in cheek.

I used to think like you Andrew but after reading some good books about the subject I gained respect for, not just the Resistance, but even the government for taking such an unpopular stance for the greater good. It may not even be generally seen as such, regarding the Vichy Government, but from my POV, it was an astute move that enabled them to have some 'control' of what went on.

Sure, some of the Cabinet may have really believed in collaboration, but I'm sure that others had some pride and let things go on, underneath their noses, to allow resistance to German forces continue.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

as far as i can see from our gallant french pals is this bit of bravery well after the germans went home so it was safe to crawl out from under their stones

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=54943

had it not been for these tough guys picking on just women 90% of the french would have been shaven and a great sideline stuffing mattresses going on by the ones resisting

sitting in cafe's drinking coffee and looking at germans is collaborating by inaction even if your mumbling around your Gauloises about the boche

would the english have excepted a german invasion i hope not and i hope if they had "terrorist" actions would still be going on trying to get them out.

the french are our historical enemies look how the population suffered under william the bastard and never forget ,they dont change no-one does

even when the unions get grumpy they give us a hard time blocking the ports ,its just under the surface and they would be dashing our childrens brains out on posts given the slightest excuse

the french may seem nice to any british neighbours they may get but like dogs licking you in reality they are tasting you ready to pounce if the chance arrises

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

My Godparents Polish Jewish family were murdered there. !!!
So were thousands of French resistance fighters. Many were also sent to Buchenwald. The Germans also built a camp just for just for French resistance fighters in a place called Struthof in what is now Alsace. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yep, I did. I was also tongue in cheek.

I used to think like you Andrew but after reading some good books about the subject I gained respect for, not just the Resistance, but even the government for taking such an unpopular stance for the greater good. It may not even be generally seen as such, regarding the Vichy Government, but from my POV, it was an astute move that enabled them to have some 'control' of what went on.

Sure, some of the Cabinet may have really believed in collaboration, but I'm sure that others had some pride and let things go on, underneath their noses, to allow resistance to German forces continue.

Renrag

Thank you for that kind and understanding reply.

When people decide to call me names, it does tend to get my back up. Hence my sharp replies to other posters.

And my reply about the french from the rear and collaborators, look at the gifs i put on, please read it in another way.

Typical of the French, always at the rear. :rolleyes: I wonder who they are collaborating with to stay out of it. :rolleyes:

My words have been accused of " implying " mybe my words of the " REAR " implied something entirely different, never trust a chap with a girls name.

Ce est la vie as the French say :2:

“Vescere bracis meis”

as far as i can see from our gallant french pals is this bit of bravery well after the germans went home so it was safe to crawl out from under their stones

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=54943

had it not been for these tough guys picking on just women 90% of the french would have been shaven and a great sideline stuffing mattresses going on by the ones resisting

sitting in cafe's drinking coffee and looking at germans is collaborating by inaction even if your mumbling around your Gauloises about the boche

would the english have excepted a german invasion i hope not and i hope if they had "terrorist" actions would still be going on trying to get them out.

the french are our historical enemies look how the population suffered under william the bastard and never forget ,they dont change no-one does

even when the unions get grumpy they give us a hard time blocking the ports ,its just under the surface and they would be dashing our childrens brains out on posts given the slightest excuse

the french may seem nice to any british neighbours they may get but like dogs licking you in reality they are tasting you ready to pounce if the chance arrises

I kinda like the old duke. I even named my son after him.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

So were thousands of French resistance fighters. Many were also sent to Buchenwald. The Germans also built a camp just for just for French resistance fighters in a place called Struthof in what is now Alsace.

No comment.

“Vescere bracis meis”

So were thousands of French resistance fighters. Many were also sent to Buchenwald. The Germans also built a camp just for just for French resistance fighters in a place called Struthof in what is now Alsace.

its gone into hiding :lol: some german must have clicked the link

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters, nice rant... now, take a good long look at your family history back through the ages...

We're pretty much all invaders, its just a matter of how long ago we invaded. :lol: Carp have been here longer than a lot of familys have...

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue