Some sad people about.

gwatson

After a recent fishing match where quite a few skimmers were caught i left my nets in the normal place down in the cellar. After returning from a night out the whole house stank. There's only one thing for it (i thought) i'll leave my nets outside, round the back of the house. The following morning as i went to retrieve the nets, to my astonishment they'd been nicked, someone actually nicked some sweaty nets, how sad.

Now it's going to cost around £70.00 to replace the keepnet, landing net and club weighing sling - GREAT.

All you anglers out there, beware even the sweaty, stinky nets are a target.

Cheers, have a good un

GW

When I throw my nets over the washing line, I make sure that the burglar alarm hasn't been fed. He sits on the back porch until I fetch them in.

He's a mongy and he's EVIL.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

There is a sign on my gate that reads:

Trespasers will be shot and eaten, Survivors will be shot again!

Most people see what will eat them (250lb of savage (cute really) Alsation and scarper!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

There used to be a sign on a house near me that read "beware of the lion and the dog". I thought this was a joke until one day I saw the lion pacing up and down behind the iron gates.

I wonder where I can get one!

Strangly enough I never saw the dog - I wonder what happened to him

Apache, If your Shepherd (a medium sized breed) is 250lb then the only thing any burgler would have to be worried about is dying from laughter at watching it waddle over to confront him/her.

Paul

thats where mine are right now :( and they do smell bad, thinkin about it, it bne best if they get nicked, I'd rather pay another £50 than clean them out

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

By waterman :

quote:

Strangly enough I never saw the dog - I wonder what happened to him

Him could of been a her and the owner of the lion.

LOL

its a sad fact of life that people will try and nick anything these days

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Paul_D:

Apache, If your Shepherd (a medium sized breed) is 250lb then the only thing any burgler would have to be worried about is dying from laughter at watching it waddle over to confront him/her.

Thats what I thought too. I used to have a GS bitch and she was quite a big dog but no way was she anywhere near 250lbs (that's nearly 18 stone) I know this because I taught her to 'jump up for a carry' when taking her on the escalators down to the Clockwork Orange when I lived in Glasgow.

[ 02. July 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Paul_D:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what I thought too. I used to have a GS bitch and she was quite a big dog but no way was she anywhere near 250lbs (that's nearly 18 stone) I know this because I taught her to 'jump up for a carry' when taking her on the escalators down to the Clockwork Orange when I lived in Glasgow.

We've kept/bred/shown Bullmastiffs (a large breed) for a long time now during which time I've owned two males. One was a 125lb Brindle which in his prime was a good winning dog and well capable of carrying out the task it was originally bred for (stopping and holding down poachers). The other was a much larger dog at 150lb which is over the Kennel Club standard maximum weight. No would be theif would have got at any of my fishing tackle if they had seen them without resorting to a shotgun or such like.

Paul