New Okuma Centrepin model

PeterNE1

Not quite sure what to make of this beastie :huh:

It's the first time I've seen one, I'm assuming a new model to our shores, and WAY different to what we are used to seeing :D

Can't seem to find any furher reference to it on any Okuma site, here or across the pond, strangely enough.

Not really one for the 'purists' I suspect? :D

OKUMA RAW-II 1002

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen one either; perhaps it might have a suitable drag lever on the back which you can flick on or off with a flick of a finger instead of the knurled knob that I have on the back of my Sheffield (a minor bug-bear with the Sheffield).

The new reel looks nice.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I've never seen one either; perhaps it might have a suitable drag lever on the back which you can flick on or off with a flick of a finger instead of the knurled knob that I have on the back of my Sheffield (a minor bug-bear with the Sheffield).

The new reel looks nice.

No such luck. As far as i can tell it's just an Aventa 1002 with a different front plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Okuma-RA...=item1c1f84d931

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

perhaps it might have a suitable drag lever on the back which you can flick on or off with a flick of a finger instead of the knurled knob that I have on the back of my Sheffield (a minor bug-bear with the Sheffield).

Absolutely - I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds that a pain.

For nearly fifty years I have used an Avon Royal Supreme, with a very conveniently placed lever close to the reel seat, operated by a flick of my RH second finger without letting go of the rod. The Supreme is getting a bit tired now, and I am beginning to use the Sheffield more, but how I wish I could transfer that drag.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Sadly it is an issue on many 'pins old and new.

With the Sheffield being so popular and new I'm surprised that one of our enterprising engineers hasn't come up with a replacement part or slip on accessory.

Regards, Clive

Looks to me like it has an interchangeable cassette spool, a bit like a few fly reels.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Just a quick update on this, from 'The Horses Mouth' so to speak --- Svendsen Sport(UK) :D

This IS a new version, top-end ... and not even due into the UK until 20th January 2012! :huh:

RRP? Neck-end of £200, but apparently an absolutely superb pin.

No further 'official' details currently available, not even further pictures ... and the email link to Ebay supplied above by lutra is now defunct: the seller has ended the sale as 'no longer available', though looking at the size and quality of his feedback, I'd have been very wary, personally, to buy there!

The question I'm now faced with, is do I buy the one I've been offered, NOW, or not? :D

Legitimate (dealer) source, AND a very good price too! :P

Decisions, decisions ... it's not too early for a Christmas prezzie, is it? :D

Just a quick update on this, from 'The Horses Mouth' so to speak --- Svendsen Sport(UK) :D

This IS a new version, top-end ... and not even due into the UK until 20th January 2012! :huh:

RRP? Neck-end of £200, but apparently an absolutely superb pin.

No further 'official' details currently available, not even further pictures ... and the email link to Ebay supplied above by lutra is now defunct: the seller has ended the sale as 'no longer available', though looking at the size and quality of his feedback, I'd have been very wary, personally, to buy there!

The question I'm now faced with, is do I buy the one I've been offered, NOW, or not? :D

Legitimate (dealer) source, AND a very good price too! :P

Decisions, decisions ... it's not too early for a Christmas prezzie, is it? :D

Yes, yes, all very well, but has it got a lever or knurled knob ratchet?

Regards, Clive