what tactics would you use?

tetley

I want to do some pleasure fishing on a local carp water but wouldnt mind going for the roach, perch rudd and other slivers in there so i can catch lots rather than get a carp every now and again, there are carp that average lb that go up to 20. rigs would people use, i will be using the pole with a rig made to hand?

cheers,

PS its at barford lakes if anyones heard of it.

PPS Has anyone fished the Lakes in Besthorpe in norfolk?

as I always seem to catch the small stuff when everyone else gets the carp, how about old fashioned maggot with only a light feed?

and maybe two elastics, say an eight and a four, I'm sure someone knows how to do the dual elastic thingy whatsit.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Ye or use small dendrobaenas or lobworms on a size 12-18 hook that way you should catch a lot as these size are in my opinion too small for carp they'll just spit them back out and you probably wont hook them. Thats what I'd do.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Originally posted by me:

[QB] Ye or use small dendrobaenas or lobworms on a size 12-18 hook that way you should catch a lot as these size

me are yo having a laugh or what!!

size 12 hooks and lob worms to catch ruud,roach,perch,

more like size 20-24 single maggot/pinkie

fish as little as six inches deep for the rudd as they are surface feeders.on the deck for roach although you will stil catch a few up in the water.for perch try a TINY piece of worm and make sure you have a disgorger with ya! greedy little bugga`s

yes im refering to small fish from 1oz up to half a pound.

I always thought best methods were feeding on the bottom with maggott, 18-22 hook 1 and half pound line feeding steady small amounts.

I have used very small pieces of cat meat too where i got loads but i think these fish were hungry for anything.

tetley, follow the avice from myself and peter martin and you won`t go far wrong.

enjoy your fishing and don`t let people tell you theres anything wrong with catching the small stuff! it`s great fun watching the float dip every couple of minutes. have fun mate.