A very strange rule!

Rob Ward

In the UK, the art of feeding the swim is considered one of the skills a good coarse angler should have. In match fishing, it's one of the key skills that separates the winners from the losers.

Absolutely right Steve, feeding is probably the greatest skill you can acquire, not just match fishing either. All the best coarse anglers are masters at feeding. It's the one aspect of fishing that you have complete control over.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means no "snagging" or "ripping", as I read it:

http://fliesonly.blogspot.com/2009/10/snag...problem-in.html

That's how I understood it. I've seen similar rules up here in Scotchland.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Vagabond,

Now you're just picking on us. Ha ha.

The elk hunting regulation below your quill is equally goofy. If you have a license for BOTH why must you also have a license for one or the other??

Phone

FYI, the kokanee are the land-locked form of sockeye salmon. They never migrate out to the ocean to feed so they are smaller than sockeye, that's about the only difference I know of.

There is some logic to the rule no matter how goofy it looks. Kokanee spawn between August and November. The only fish you can snag between Nov and Dec, from a practical point of view are spawned fish that are going to die anyway (the healthy fish have gone deep). They are usually really trashed. It would be embarassing to be caught with a spawned kokanee on the dinner plate if you claimed to be an angler. Carp are better eating.

Not making excuses, just an explaination, it is stupid.

FYI, the kokanee are the land-locked form of sockeye salmon.
LOL. I thought it was beer.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Can't recall the exact phrase but I'm sure it's very similar. Seems to be predominant on salmon tickets or swanky waters with salmon and big bailiffs present.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Big cities very close to salmon rivers - if the Mersey salmon run ever becomes significant, can you imagine the scousers and mancs not doing the same?

I can imagine a massive niche in the black market opening up and everyone taking advantage.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...