A days fishing

Dick Dastardly

Do I have to choose :( If I had the choice it would be a couple of very exclusive stretches of the river Test, long trotting for Big Grayling :) no hope of that I am afraid :( I love getting in the river amongst the fish I love all aspects of fishing but this would be a dream come true.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

if i had a time machine i would go to beachborough pond near folkestone ,i went there as a spotty "yoof" fishing for its wild carp ,i used to go home to hawkinge from work ,pick up my tackle and get the taxi there on a friday night :) i would walk home late sunday or on occasions walk to work with tackle monday morning (i must have reeked ) good days

sadly i visited it about 10 years ago ,it was now private (cinque ports AC used to have it) and was now a fluff chucker pond ,i wonder where the carp went

[ 16. November 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yeah a time machine would be great,as my fave would be an old farm pond I fished when about 14 or so me and my mates used to get big catches of of pure crucians on nothing more than bread paste,no permit,no rod licence,simple gear,ah I can still see the mist rising from the water as we eargerly tackled up,the biggest if I remember was 2lbs but what memories. :):)

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

I would probably choose Lake El Salto in Mexico. I would fish for Largemouth bass. The reason I would choose this lake is because of the large population of trophy sized bass. LOL Plus the weather is a lot warmer there right now.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

My old school mate and I are planning (one day) to return to the River Weser in Minden, Germany to re-trace boyhood steps and see if it's still as easy to catch 2lb plus Roach. I've never come close to one that size in England mind.

Paul

Long time since I fished the Wesser to Paul.The area I fished the most was around Hameln.Never had a 2lb roach there but remember in its hey day catching several 200lb + catches of roach averaging 1lb and not even winning my section.Had a bit of a bad spell in the late 80's due to salt pollution.

[ 17. November 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It's an amazing river isn't it Budgie? Icebergs in Winter are indelibly etched in my mind. I never fished it at Hameln, as I said it was mostly around the Minden area. There is (was?) a glass factory in the town centre which used to pump out hot water attracting all manner of very big fish, particularly Carp. Many was the time you hooked into one in the eddies resulting from the anti erosion groins which surged unstoppably into the main river....I dread to think what size these beasties were. Happy days. :D

Paul