Okuma epix pro

Barry C

Baitrunners packing up, chrome paint flaking off, bailarms not closing properly, spool release mechanisms broken... I wouldn't be very happy with any of that.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Baitrunners packing up, chrome paint flaking off, bailarms not closing properly, spool release mechanisms broken... I wouldn't be very happy with any of that.

Bar the paint there's only one person had functional issues though!

The majority seem happy with the reels.

Yep

Seems like mine was a friday afternoon special.

I don't mollycoddle my tackle but I wouldn't say it has had a particularly hard life.

Looks like I just got a bad one.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Bar the paint there's only one person had functional issues though!

The majority seem happy with the reels.

Couldn`t have mistreated mine more if i tried and apart from the flaky chrome been 100% reliable ,Older model though not sure if the newer ones are as good?? Then again the newer shimmys are not supposed to be as good as the older ones...made to a price??

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

One of the main reasons I had been looking out for an Epix Pro (EPB 40) was the masses of recomendations I had seen for Okuma's on this and other forums. Coupled with the fact that I have been using a couple of cheap and cheerfull opti drag models for some time now and have given them a real hard time. Neither of them have missed a beat after chucking and winding in huge feeders hundreds of times, hauling in loads of bream up to near 10lb and playing a couple of pike around the 13lb mark that took a fancy to my pellet.

Absolutely nothing has let me down and they are still going strong.

After using the EPB it is as smooth as I could wish for, the drag seems smooth as silk and the overall feel is of a bullet proof reel.

Thanks for that. I will be getting one in the near future.

let me know when you get it, I would be interested in another opinion.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I wouldn't go back to Shimano's through choice at present!

I can't fault any of the shimano's i've had. Okay I never abuse my gear so they've not been thrown against rocks (well not intensionally), if I pay money for something I look after it or sell it if I don't like it. Even with years of normal use mine all work just the same as the day I got them and show no signs of corrosion, bits of chrome peeling etc....yeah, i'll stick with the shimanmo's :).