Which seat box ?

craynerd

Ok, i`m tired of carrying a chair around and need to keep my tackle neater! Anyone recommend a decent tackle seat box,is it worth spending a bit on a good one?

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had a brilo box for ages really well built with lots of drawers . bit pricey about £300 i think but lasts well .only really good if fishing with the rod or pole in hand as it gives a solid position .also has a side tray for bait and foot rest .good luck.big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Green Shakespeare box with Octoplus feet bolted on :) (green is so much more eco-conscious Peter)

Just remember to close the lid before sitting down.

[ 27. February 2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: GlennB ]

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

GlennB:

Green Shakespeare box with Octoplus feet bolted on    :)    

Have to agreed with Glenn but with a 9267/029-031 Shakespeare Top Box as well.

I have mine nearly 6 months now and I cannot fault it at all, it is worth buying. :):D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Rive box. You can buy them mail order for about £80 for the basic box with a drawer attachment, then add all different trays/drawers in different depths as you need/can afford them. I've seen boxes that you will need to go on a body building course just to pick them up empty and that's at £300 a time The only debit side is that the clips that secure the units together can break if you lift them as a hinge. It's better to detach the whole tray/drawer and clip up again once you've been in the box. I've had mine for years and I wouldn't swap it for nothing.

If anyone out there has such a box with broken clips, replacement clips part numbers are; 53 01 007 Fermoir droit et gauche (le paire) about £3.75.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Daiwa have just brought out a new box for 2005(tournament) bit pricey but designed by Boss, if its anything like my 15 year old Boss box it will be a good bit of kit.

Just depends on how much money you have and how flexible a box you want.

just one more cast then I'am off home

Cyranne 12:

Have you thought of looking at the "For Sale" section of this Forum? Seph is offering a pretty good buy (IMO)    :P  

Definately, I've got the exactly the same and the only box I'd swap it for would be a brand new one.

Had mine for over 5 years and have never seen a better designed box.

Well worth £150 IMO.

HB.