Maggot prices

paul.saunders

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when they were a tanner a pint. You could go out for the evening, have pie and mash for two, front seats at the 'Ackney Empire music hall and a hansom cab home and still have change out of two hundred quid. Those were the days.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Don`t know about the hansom cab but at least you could get into the flicks for the same amount.

2.5p to you Paul, you must have been about six at the time of going over to the then called funny money.

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

yes fisherman i was 6 at the time of the change over still. my dad has just said he never thought he would see the day when a pint of maggots would cost more than a pint of beer. he's on half pints know (maggots that is)

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

I belive it to be aroud the £1.50 mark in Lincoln.

However I normaly go to Newark and buy direct form the maggot farm . around 6-8 pints for a fiver . :) but these days I use more Halibut pellets & Lunchon meat for Barbel.

Tight Line All :)

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com