problems with vision?

chesters1

I used to go to a pond well there was three but one was decent. It was on a golf course and there were no fishing signs. But being young and daft I ignored them. We also used to get the balls out of the lake and sell them back to the golfers. All was fine and dandy, fishing was great.

Until some idiot golfer put bleach or something into the stream that ran into the lakes, now they are dead no life at all. These lakes are on land in which an old monastery is. Monks built the lakes to provide food for themselves. Now after centuries of fish living there and people fishing there. Weve got some idiot pouring chemicals for the sake of golf.

If i only knew who it was id rip there head off and shove it up there arse. But more violently.

All those years of those fish breeding and trying to restock themselves and some idiot spoils it!

poledark:

I once found what I thought was the prefect place for a "Private Fishing" notice. It was taken out by boat to a tiny island about 20yds from the shore.

Den

As far as trespassers are concerned, I know exactly where I'd like to insert one of our "Private Fishing" signs.... that would be the perfect place, and I'd like to be a fly-on-the-wall in the operating theatre at the hospital when said offender explains how it happened.

Of course, their excuse about not having seen the signs, is No.1 on our Pathetic Answers List. I'm sure you'll know many of the others.

[ 03. December 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Suffolk Bloke ]

Chesters, when I was a landlady I used to put any posters advertising forthcoming events upside down. People couldn't wait to point out my 'mistake', but they all read the posters they would have ignored had they been the right way up!

Help me unhook these, please.

quote:

Chesters, when I was a landlady I used to put any posters advertising forthcoming events upside down. People couldn't wait to point out my 'mistake', but they all read the posters they would have ignored had they been the right way up!

probably best not to nowadays it may read (upside down) some swear word or such in a foreign language and i`d be infront of the beak as some sort of zenophobic racist person and despite it being true we couldnt have that could we :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dear Chesters,

"No Fishing" "Private Fishing" "Members Only Fishing" "Strictly No Fishing" and many other similar titled signs relate to well, er, fishing. And very little else to the walking public. The walking public only commit an offence if they actually begin fishing.

The "Private Land" type of sign means nothing more in legal terms other than it announces there is privately owned land somewhere in the vicinity of the sign. "Private Land. No Trespassing" and similar signs are equally as useless. Take heart though Chesters. Whilst our trespass laws are ridiculous, the right to roam legislation brigade if they get their way will cure all the trespass law's shortcomings. No need to put up signs then. Or need for confrontations with Joe Public. Everyone will be able to tramp just where they like by the bus load. Then no one will have any social advantage by owning land such as in the case of farms or sprawling country estates.

But then again, no one will actually want land ownership if the great unwashed turn open landscapes into God knows what via rights to roam. So ponds, lakes and stretches of rivers will become dead cheap. They might even start to give them away!!

I wonder who it was that voted for this government? I was on holiday at the time so had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Regards,

Lee.

On all of the water I have run/baillifed the worst offenders I have found are Bird Watchers! I have had "twitchers" climbing over fences and breaking them,leaving gates open and leaving litter.The fact that a Leser spotted snot gobbler has been seen trying to nest seems to give them the ultimate right of acsess!When asked if you can help them they often demand to know what you think you are doing there!! Sod it Chesters give me a poacher any day of the week!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

luckily we have no birds to look at ,we have the usual ducks ,2 are permanent residents and i feed them in the stream when the pond freezes over ,no grebes which is very strange :confused: 2 kingfishers and the usual moor hens ,we had a young swan last week for 3 days but it left (boredom i expect) so as the pond is out of the way and the usuall bird feeders are missing i suspect it will remain twitcher free ,on the other hand little Frensham up the road has many visiting birds and often when i fished there sounds of reed breaking was heard and twitcher appeared camoflauged to the nines carrying a tripod and monoscope (or whatever its called) why they bothered to hide i do no know i was sitting in full veiw with tackle all around and the birds ignored me :confused:

[ 06. December 2003, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

monkeyboy:

I used to go to a pond well there was three but one was decent. It was on a golf course and there were no fishing signs. But being young and daft I ignored them. We also used to get the balls out of the lake and sell them back to the golfers. All was fine and dandy, fishing was great.

Until some idiot golfer put bleach or something into the stream that ran into the lakes, now they are dead no life at all. These lakes are on land in which an old monastery is. Monks built the lakes to provide food for themselves. Now after centuries of fish living there and people fishing there. Weve got some idiot pouring chemicals for the sake of golf.

Did you report this to the EA? If they've dumped chemicals in a stream then it doesnt really matter if it's on private land or not - it's an illegal pollution.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.