Zippo Hand Warmer

Elton

i still have a few packs of those carbon rods to use up yet ,long lasting mostly because they go out after 10 minutes :D

i have a brand new fluid one in the loft somewhere but i still remember the burns i got as a kid ,not from the flame but the over filling and having it leak onto my leg on a train to maidstone to go fishing ,painful scabs for weeks

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still have a few packs of those carbon rods to use up yet ,long lasting mostly because they go out after 10 minutes :D

i have a brand new fluid one in the loft somewhere but i still remember the burns i got as a kid ,not from the flame but the over filling and having it leak onto my leg on a train to maidstone to go fishing ,painful scabs for weeks

Did you actually light it after it spilt on your leg, or did the fluid itself burn you?

If you lit it, I'm going to laugh..... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Did you actually light it after it spilt on your leg, or did the fluid itself burn you?

The latter I suspect Elton, my Zippo lighter does the same thing if I overfill it. I get a nasty burning sensation even through the pocket of my jeans, there's no obvious leaks thought so it might be fume overload in a confined space.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

If you lit it, I'm going to laugh..... :D

no the petrol burns most cleverly you get an itch remove the skin and the petrol gets a better grip!

in those days it was peculier little flexible tubes you used and the fluid wasnt as refined as today ,on the day in question the train was packed so i couldnt scratch my crutch to ease the pain so i left it until i got off! by this time my groin was red raw and i still had a long march to the medway!

occasionally when i ran out of fuel for my fag lighter at work i used real petrol ,not a nice taste at all ,i also tried my "el slurpo" (home made fire water) it worked fine but ate the flint away in a day

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

they're £13.95 from am*z*n free postage. :D

bugger !! just followed tiggers link and purchased a set, still happy with the price if they do what it say`s on the tin.

bugger !! just followed tiggers link and purchased a set, still happy with the price if they do what it say`s on the tin.

My friend reckons they're better than the zippos, he says they last much longer one a full tank of juice. I can't comment as i've never used any of them but personally i'd buy the fire flys as I bet they're all made in the same factory anyhow. I think zippos thrive on there well known name.

My experience with a zippo during last years beating season was that they are great appart from one thing; you can't keep them in waterproof pockets!

Sounds odd but I tested my new toy several times before taking in beating and it worked fine! Took it beating and it stopped burning after an hour or so....got home topped it up, lit it, was still burning happily next day! Fluke I thought...next time out same thing happened. Bought new lighting block and tested. Same thing occurred...would burn for 10 hours at home, would not stay lit when beating. Finally kept my hand on it every 15 mins or so and had it in my coat pocket instead of my trouser pocket...worked all day!

Figured my wind proof,water proof and uber expensive Camo trousers from Cabelas were not allowing enough air to get in the Zippo to keep the burner lit! Moving it to my jacket pocket allowed it to " breathe" and stay hot nicely! go figure!

Othe than that bit of trial and error I'd say they are superb bits of kit!

Bought one for my brother and laser etched a shooting scene on it with the laser-camm machine at work! Made a superb birthday pressie!