Wingham during the winter...

Tigger

Wingham looks special to me i have to admit.It has a very beautiful look about it. Not just a bleak hole in the ground. I have a syndicate which is 10 minutes up the road but it is just a hole in the ground (well almost). It holds some big Carp but to be honest i like variety carp included and using different methods.

Looks beautiful...

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingham looks special to me i have to admit.It has a very beautiful look about it. Not just a bleak hole in the ground. I have a syndicate which is 10 minutes up the road but it is just a hole in the ground (well almost). It holds some big Carp but to be honest i like variety carp included and using different methods.

Looks beautiful...

I used to live in Bromley and fished the Darenth valley. What is the "almost a hole" that you are fishing Hawk?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I used to live in Bromley and fished the Darenth valley. What is the "almost a hole" that you are fishing Hawk?

Den

I used to fish Darenth with some quite famous anglers back then. I have no idea where they are now but it was the main big carp water at the time. i have a syndicate in Selson which is really close but it just looks like a hole. Pembry lakes. I was a member of the Royal tunbridge Wells fishing club and caught the famous record barbel 'Berty' amongst many others it was not a very intelligent fish. Chipstead resevoir . There were some big Pike in there but very hard fishing. On the other side Furness lakes at horsham and bury hill at Dorking.

And others around. Rivers wgere the Darenth , Avon ( fantastic river) and few others like the Mole before Dorking club swollowed it up.

I just find a don't want day ticket waters anymore with idiots casting over your lines and shouting 'I got one' to his mate 3 swims down.

Just one question Steve...joining fee £230 ???????????????? your'e having a laff surely?

Den

Its the one reason that I don't fish there Den, way too expensive, I just cannot justify spending £1500 for fishing one lake for 8 months of the year.

Damn my car didn't even cost that much to buy.

Don't get me wrong, its a magical place full of big fish, but just too expensive for me.

Its the one reason that I don't fish there Den, way too expensive, I just cannot justify spending £1500 for fishing one lake for 8 months of the year.

Damn my car didn't even cost that much to buy.

Don't get me wrong, its a magical place full of big fish, but just too expensive for me.

I spoke to Steve yesterday and he is a real gent and the venue sounds fantastic and i have applied for an application form but then my Mrs spotted the joining fee which i had missed ( DOH!) last night before talking to steve and with £230 on top its just sent it over the top for me too.

That's £800 for the first year sadly and i mean sadly after talking to a really devoted gentleman i just can't justify that and that is on the coarse lake too!

I still would like to go on the fish in though and perhaps i can save up for 2013

Si, would it not be worth you asking Steve for a place at the fish in or have you already been ?

I've been a few times mate, like Elton, I get an automatic place due to running the site etc....

I Love the place, but just cannot justify the cost to fish it on a regular basis,

I've been a few times mate, like Elton, I get an automatic place due to running the site etc....

I Love the place, but just cannot justify the cost to fish it on a regular basis,

Oh right, I do realise what you mean about the cost :mellow: .

Oh right, I do realise what you mean about the cost :mellow: .

Plus the missus would kill me if I spent that much to go fishing each year, I could fish 8-10 other syndicates for the same money. Not that I'd want to fish that many waters, usually I only stick to one water every couple of years,