Cheap beer kits

Ken L

Wherry is nice pint. Will have to have a look at that, didn't know Woodfordes did homebrew kits!? Tbh, I never looked but I'll have to have a look into this home-brewing mullarkey now...

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The complete kit is just under £60, but its for WOODFORDES WHERRY MICRO BREWERY, mmm might just go for that.

Personally, I'd avoid the pressure barrel option. Have a word with a friendly mate/pub and get them to set aside some 1 pint beer/cider bottles for you.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yes Phone but we prefer beer over here....unless of course you meant the Czech stuff, that's not bad :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Yes Phone but we prefer beer over here....unless of course you meant the Czech stuff, that's not bad

Mmmmmm.

History, proper ingredients and flavour.....

Proper lagers are hard to get right in a home brewing setup so if you're going to drink one, it might as well be a good one - and that American stuff made from rice isn't a good one.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Renrag,

Naughhhh! You can get Budwiser over there can't you?

Phone

Don't mind a bottle of Bud on a summers evening but prefer those cheap 'Biere de Luxe' stubbies you get at ASDA tbh. Both are far better than 'Roo P!ss.

Like a pint of Guinness on occasion but the quality doesn't seem as good as it used to, prefer Murphy's atm.

For a proper pint though, Wherry is a good everyday type beer. You'll have to try it if you get yourself over here. That'll put some hair on your tonsils mate ;)

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Any of you guys had any experience of home brewed ciders ?

the price of a bottle of Magners is getting silly :(

Mat

There are kits but I just go with a basic "Turbo Cider" recipe.

25L cheap supermarket apple juice.

700g sugar.

1 heaped teaspoon of grape tannin.

4 or 5 teaspoons of malic acid.

Cider or champagne yeast.

You loose a bit when you rack it off the yeast but it works out at about 60p a litre.

It does take a while for the tannin flavours to settle down after bottling though so you have to wait 6 or 7 weeks after bottling before it's a decent drink.

Edit: Mix the tannin into the dry sugar before you start otherwise it clumps up and won't disolve.

Edited by Ken L

Any of you guys had any experience of home brewed ciders ?

the price of a bottle of Magners is getting silly :(

Mat

There are apples in Magners?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!