adams mill

Guest scoobs11

Guest Spiderfan

Hi Andy,

No apology necessary, mate. It was probably a bad choice of words on my part in the first place.

Or blame Lee - he mentioned the Carp Society before I did! wink.gif

Guest poacher

All i can say is whoever gets A.M. I hope they make a better job of looking after the fishes welfare than is the case currently. Bring in single rod fishing,unhooking mats,no unattended rods,only one angler per swim make the fishes needs paramount,not the photos.... To many of these fantastic fish die each year ... This is not the venue for open to all fishing ,it needs very careful management .....

"This is not the venue for open to all fishing ,it needs very careful management ....."

I suspect the controlling club might have a different outlook to this one.

Lee

Guest 'eelfisher'

Dear all

I have received a mail-shot from the SAA regarding Adams Mill. I am sure that I am not the only one...several NAC committee members also received the mail.

I was sent this mail-shot to inform our membership that if any of our members were SAA members and in competitive tender or in negotiating deals regarding the fishing rights of Adams Mill that they should withdraw from this situation right away.

The mail states that Milton Keynes Angling Association are in a re-negotiating situation over the fishing rights at that venue. However, it states that "Left bank looking downstream, also known as Porter's Farm".

Question, is this the same stretch of water as the one in discussion on this site.

I do not know the area and so would be interested in the answer to this question.

How many BS members are individual members of the SAA??? and if the BS have SAA members in their ranks, should they now do as the NFA, SAA and the NAA ask???? better still, will they do so?

Interesting one this.

The SAA also states that they along with the NAA will back any action that the NFA decide upon in this matter.

Yours With Respect.....

Steve....a concerned and river club friendly angler.

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Steve,

I have to say, your posting is an interesting development.

If I have read it correctly, it would appear that the SAA and possibly the NAA are not only backing the MKAA efforts to retain their fishing rights at Adams Mill, but are or would be backing any NFA involvement as well.

I have to say, if that is the case, I welcome this SAA move unreservedly.

As the NFA would probably become involved in some way if MKAA are NFA members, it is right and proper that other NAA members should give support to its NAA fellow member the NFA.

Just one thing though Steve with regards to SAA individual members, am I right in assuming that official membership in the SAA does not begin until January 2002?

Regards,

Lee.

Guest waterman1013

Hi Lee

"Just one thing though Steve with regards to SAA individual members, am I right in assuming that official membership in the SAA does not begin until January 2002?"

No. Existing memberships in NASA and SACG were transferred to SAA when it was formed in May. Renewals will fall due at the end of March 2002, as was agreed at the formative meeting.

The key point is that the NFA ruling applies to all members of SAA, including member groups and individual members of those groups. One of the benefits to the majority of angling unity.

Mike

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi Micholean,

I stand corrected great scribe.

Never the less, seeing or hopefully seeing, all within the SAA,NFA and NAA stand at the side of river angling clubs and their members is very, very good news.

The secret squirrels will be pleased.

Regards,

Lee.

Guest Tom Moss

If the Barbel Society bid against MKAA and win,will/should all Barbel Society members be banned from all venues by the NFA etc, as with Kickles farm?