What brolly/bivvy

Si...

Already have the a-lite, that leaks like a sieve, I've decided that its either the jrc stealth brolly mk2 or the nash profile x, but leaning towards the jrc as I have the mk1 and its lasted me about 8-9 years

I was going to suggest the Trakker A-Lite, but it's a pram-hood style bivvy very similar to the STI. Very solid, no leaks, and not too heavy to transport. I've had mine for 3 seasons now and really like it. Only 2 problems in that time, one was when I tore off one of the straps/clips that hold the overwrap door up by accidentally standing on it and then giving the wrap a big shake to help dry it (whoops!) and completely my fault, and the other is one of the tension poles has bent slightly, but is still fine to use.

The only issue I have with it is that it's impossible to keep mozzies out. There's no way to male it completely mozzie-proof because the only door is on the overwrap (the main brolly bit is open at the front) and there ware always gaps for the little sods to get through.

Same Bivvy same problem, I bought a mozzy net from a camping shop for about £6 and a couple of the magnetic hooks they sell in the tackle box in Dartford to hang it from. Keeps them off you while you're trying to kip at least.

Same Bivvy same problem, I bought a mozzy net from a camping shop for about £6 and a couple of the magnetic hooks they sell in the tackle box in Dartford to hang it from. Keeps them off you while you're trying to kip at least.

Phew glad you managed to sort it Rob as Im rapidly running out of spare "underpants"! ;)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Already have the a-lite, that leaks like a sieve, I've decided that its either the jrc stealth brolly mk2 or the nash profile x, but leaning towards the jrc as I have the mk1 and its lasted me about 8-9 years

I am still using my stealth+ brollie and its still as good as new and I have been using it since 2005!!!!

It has been reproofed a couple of times with fabrisil.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!