Easier to catch fish in Clear water

cannibalspinners

A very good informative answer

You are right i think in all you say

I have caught trout at midnight

with a size 18 ,Jet black fly

so these chaps must have super senses

Maybe some not even Known by Man

I suspect what the trout senses is the tiny splash and ripples on the surface of the water that they will be so attuned to. Of course this means that the fly must have been presented close to the trout in order for them to pick up on the sound and vibration(which is pretty much the same thing) coming through the water. The trout also most likely saw the flies silhouette against the night sky.

I suppose a good way to test the theory would be to have fish in an environment totally devoid of light and use only sound and vibrations to attract them to a bait/lure. You could find out then what attracts them more. The sound and vibrations or the visual stimulus. It has most likely already been done but I havent heard of a specific experiment showing it.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I can't think of anything this time of year that is easier to catch in gin clear water. I say easier not impossible. I fish all year round but i do give january and febuary a bit of a wide birth and only really fish rivers

Maybe Pike could be better but i would stick with the same as coloured but atleast its not harder

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I can't think of anything this time of year that is easier to catch in gin clear water. I say easier not impossible. I fish all year round but i do give january and febuary a bit of a wide birth and only really fish rivers

Maybe Pike could be better but i would stick with the same as coloured but atleast its not harder

I only fish rivers too , So my knowledge is limited

Going to blackpool in june

Getting Megabus to Preston

Can any of you lads tell me what bus to catch

from preston to blackpool

also how much does it cost

SORRY FOR NON FISHING QUESTION

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Grayling, for one.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Going to blackpool in june

Getting Megabus to Preston

Can any of you lads tell me what bus to catch

from preston to blackpool

also how much does it cost

Preston to Blackpool

Any good?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Our river has trout and salmon, it is typically very fast flowing, shallow with some deeper pools of a few feet. It's a spate river, when it rains heavily it rises very rapidly and turns the colour of tea. When this happens in the summer and autumn you see people who you didn't know fished, rod in hand heading for the river, Sometimes a couple of fellows will stay for hours at the same (good) spot, taking turns in fishing it and keeping everyone else away, The technique is to drop a bunch of worms into any bit of slack (dub) water. They reason for all this excitement is that it is so easy to catch trout (even sea trout) in those conditions. big spotties seem to materialise as if by magic. There is a very good chance of a salmon too. As the water runs off and clears a bit then spinning is good.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

A good tinge always seems best for me. Too clear and it seems to kill it, too silty and it dies but not 'as dead' as clear water. I've still caught on lures in 4-6" of (looking from the bankside) visibility.

I love the idea that the Trout may have unknown senses or powers to locate prey, Cannibal! Imagine telepathic Trout... Scary!!! :lol: I'm after the angry or 'Hulk' trout. Also known as any wild brownie... don't make 'em angry!

In reality, I don't think enough credit is ever given to a fishes' lateral line. Amazing organ and like Cannibal suggested, not fully understood, especially the electrical sensing possibilities that most fish seem to possess. Maybe thats another reason why metallic spinners work well?

Anyone want to try plastic spinners side by side with metallic in bad visibility waters and see what happens? All for science :)

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue