Green worms

Sportsman

I just stumbled on this

http://www.willyworms.co.uk/green-worms.html

Any thoughts?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Some strange things on the market nowadays :D

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and i'm not sure about the universe". (Albert Einstein)

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head, thats assault, not leadership". (Dwight D. Eisenhower)

"Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. Theres no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere". (Groucho marx)

Sportsman,

They're on sale aren't they? Not getting priceyer. I have fed lob worms everything you can think of. Pretty much, they will eat it. Fluoresce is one choice. At night you can blast them with a flashlight and I have to admit it looks really cool. Doesn't catch anymore fish however.

I don't know why adding flavors to the lob worm diet doesn't work (all that well)? Logic seems to dictate it should work. The ones I like are the ones that smell like coffee grounds after feeding them the grounds. At least it makes your lobs smell good and they fish about the same (? - to me). Milk will make your lobs cloud the water a bit - that's cool too.

Phone

I can't think of a reason why they should not work, if they do not cost more then your usual supplier then I see no reason not to use them. Not sure if they would be better but doubt they would be worse.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Although I know that willyworms produce some of the best fishing worms you can buy, I haven't heard any exceptional catch reports from the greenies. My best catches on worms are from those collected fresh from the garden the night before a session, it's so easy http://carp-fishing-reels.com/cfr-article-...ms-for-fishing/ and they are always of the best quality...

Carp-Catcha

Although I know that willyworms produce some of the best fishing worms you can buy, I haven't heard any exceptional catch reports from the greenies. My best catches on worms are from those collected fresh from the garden the night before a session, it's so easy http://carp-fishing-reels.com/cfr-article-...ms-for-fishing/ and they are always of the best quality...
I had a look at the site in your link and saw this bit:
Worms are a super fishing bait. Their irresistable wriggling movement, combined with their natural releasing of amino acids into the water, excite and hunger fish often resulting in frantic feeding.

I have only read that worms release amino acids into the water and that said amino acids "stimulate" fish into feeding on angling related sites or on sites trying to sell stuff to anglers. No mention of it in any articles or papers published in scientific journals. Does anyone know what the science on this topic says? Do worms release amino acids into the water, and which of the twenty-two standard amino acids turn fish on?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cory,

Your question is a 100 page thread. For years I jacked with amino acids. Probably if you stop at the protein level you've gone far enough.

However, lycine and chitin are the two that most influance carp. You notice you've never heard of chitin as an amino. Well, to carp it is. It is "essential" to good liver health. Lycine is a sulfur (sp for Brits?) based amino. All the sulfur aminos work to some degree or another depending on peptones blah blah blah. The B E S T source of lycine for carp bait is human baby puke (IMO). Also, all sulfur based amino acids are enhanced by adding sulfur. The "best" product that powers additional amino acids in carp bait is brewers yeast. (In this sentence the meaning of "best" is an unknown. Brewers yeast had great blobs of amino acids)

Bait at the amino level is marketing. WAY to many factors to consider if they will even be available. Essential or non-essential. We're not 100% completely certain which ones are essential and non-essential for fishes.

I've never seen a assay of wild lob worms that I know of or remember. I'll look if you insist.

Carp-catc,

I agree.

Phone

Edited by Phone

I had a look at the site in your link and saw this bit:

I have only read that worms release amino acids into the water and that said amino acids "stimulate" fish into feeding on angling related sites or on sites trying to sell stuff to anglers. No mention of it in any articles or papers published in scientific journals. Does anyone know what the science on this topic says? Do worms release amino acids into the water, and which of the twenty-two standard amino acids turn fish on?

Back in the early 70's I was heavily into cod fishing from the beach. Favourite bait was lugworm which was hard to get and expensive.

Someone in the fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft produced a paper on making and artificial lugworm for longliners whose major constituent was amino acids isolated from lugworm and we were looking at buying the amino acids to enhance our fishing bait.

I had a friend who was a keen carp fisherman in those early days and some of the early boilies were based on the same amino acids.

The paper definitely stated that small amounts of the appropriate amino acids introduced into a large tank sent cod and whiting into a feeding frenzy.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/