LOTS of tackle to sell.

.......I'm now 56. I owned my own tackle shop/stall for several years and have fished all over the world!! So yes I have quite a lot!

BUT I am in France and while reels and small stuff is cheap(ISH) to post Rods are VERY expensive!! I CAN get them to the uK for Nothing. It's just getting them from the UK to you!!

Anyway I will list stuff as I find t and then if you want it we will work out a way to get it to you?? I'll also take pictures and put up some URL's for them?? And ALL Purchases will add lets say 10% to Eltons empire as I always like to look after those who help me!! And I KNOW Net would only say "OH give it to Elton anyway!!

I'll start by stuff I have found, BUT NO pictures as yet!! And postage at MY cost, I will NOT estimate the postage!! Packing is £1 on top. I will post to you and email the TOTAL cost and you put that in my UK account. NO exceptions sorry!! That way we ALL know it is genuine?? And anyone trying to fleece me WILL be made known to the rest of AI and WILL be taken to court. I don't say this because I am a ballbag, I say it because I mean it. you don't like that OR me then simples (As the furry thing on TV says!). Don't trade!!

Okuma Polycast OPF30 2 spare deep/1 shallow ALI Spools! (Normally just two one plastic and t'other is ali) 4BB Gear ratio 5.0:1 Capacity LBS/YDS. 6/250 , 8/200 ,10/170 Work out the metric yourself!! (I am a BIG hammer engineer!!) Cost me too much!! I WAS selling them at £35 6 years ago so got to be £25??

Fireline Braid Rod, 50LB class, With all logos etc, NEVER used in anger!! Full roller and I think two piece?? Black Blank and to go with it an OKUMA lever drag reel LOADED with around £120 of braid!! Braid is 80LB and is about 5 years old but kept in cold and dark!! This will lift YOU and your kid as well! I bought it to fish the Annual Skate festival in Ireland. Never got there and so never used it!! And I am NOT about to now!! Altogether cost me £150 and for sale now at BEST and final offer over £100!!

Reason for this is I have a VERY nice slipped disc at L4/L5 and I need an operation but will NOT be able to fish again I don't think after the operation. At least NOT at this level and have a LOT of DVD's to keep me happy. So that is why it will ALL go. Anyone got somethi9ng they want?? John Wilson Avon Quiver?? I have one! North Western hand built quiver rod I have one!! Shakespeare 11ft Flattie Basher rod?? I have one! Multipliers, Abu close faced, Daiwa close faced, Silstar, I have take it from me around a couple of thousand pounds of tackle at new prices.

OH yes, the one thing I DO have in abundance is RUBBER LURES!!! From tiny Perch to pErkiing big Trout!! Well not too big!! and these are going cheap!! I spent several thousand pounds before coming o France and still have about a grands worth left!! They are from a UK supplier and will be a LOT cheaper than they can do!

I also just thought/found my Lure chest the other day!! It is a Green Zebco one should have I think 50 in it and has some 80 or so In it, most are ABU. I also have some other LARGER Fladen ones to make around a hundred and LOTS of smaller top water Poppers etc!! ALL NEW NEVER BEEN USED in the main!! I also have a couple of jerk rods and multiplier reels, STIFFY holdall to put them in and altogether you would be looking at I would think Retail about £500?? Again best offer!! You MAy want pictures or a better break down??

Anyway all for now as I am going to be as busy as the Morphine will allow and the back as well! (It's OK taking morphine you know!! VERY good feeling, BUT they DO NOT tell you what LONG term damage they do (Eh Nursie!?) And I am talking like the ad on TV says about BLOOD in a certain part of your anatomy!!! Try imagine passing a baby through your BACK PASSAGE!! BUT without and slime!! Yes?? Think how DRY it would be and then say sorry for me!! Morphine??? PAAAA NOT what they say it is. Does Heroin do the same thing??? Weed never did!)

Bye for now peeps!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Interested in the lures, solid and rubber. My name is Andrew and I'm a lureaholic. Could I have some pics please and a breakdown (as large or small lots)?

Also, if you find any UL lure type gear... ;) Anything up to a casting weight of 15g max.

Nan is on morphine atm too, drink LOADS of fluids and eat a pack of fig rolls a day. That'll keep you moving mate.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

i guess i'm to late for anything intrepid

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't give up yet Chris. Over the years I have had surgery on L1/2, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 and C4/5 and C5/6 in my neck. I've also had a fracture of C6. I've had spinal decompressions, spinal fusions and implants. I have had bi-lateral sciatica continuously for 24 years and have been on pain killers (including morphine) steroids and anti inflammatories for all of that time. I still go fishing several times a week, the only ones I can't really manage any more is boat fishing at sea (too many jerky movements) and Salmon fishing in rivers (too much standing around)

What made a great difference was discovering the float tube. Now I can fish in absolute comfort from a soft armchair and get a little exercise at the same time. When you get over this episode (and you will) then you'll have to come up and have a go. I'll PM you

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I need an operation but will NOT be able to fish again I don't think after the operation. At least NOT at this level

I've all the tackle I need, but so sorry to hear about the poor outlook, Chris. Good luck!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Yes me to Chris.I might be pretty f----d but at least I can still get out a bit. Never say never though mate and keep some of your favourite bits just in case..................and even if you cant ever get out again still keep some just because.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i guess i'm to late for anything intrepid

Thanks for ALL the replies Guys, I assure you I am on to it!! But at present Sciatica is ruling me as opposed to other way around!!

And sorry Dave I only ever had one Intrepid reel mate and you had several already!! BUT I have my spies looking out at ALL the Depot Ventes etc. (Second hand shops and boot sales) Are GALLION any good to you???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

no ,i have enough trouble with the mrs filling the bedroom with intrepids to start anything else!

without intrepid galion wouldn't probably exist in the UK it was mitchells response to the rock bottom prices of intrepids and the fact british retailers could only buy intrepids directly from intrepid as they stopped selling them to distributors so the distributers retaliated by importing galion reels until intrepid saw sense (too late then)

a little chesters1 snippet

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

.......I'm now 56. I owned my own tackle shop/stall for several years and have fished all over the world!! So yes I have quite a lot!

BUT I am in France and while reels and small stuff is cheap(ISH) to post Rods are VERY expensive!! I CAN get them to the uK for Nothing. It's just getting them from the UK to you!!

Anyway I will list stuff as I find t and then if you want it we will work out a way to get it to you?? I'll also take pictures and put up some URL's for them?? And ALL Purchases will add lets say 10% to Eltons empire as I always like to look after those who help me!! And I KNOW Net would only say "OH give it to Elton anyway!!

I'll start by stuff I have found, BUT NO pictures as yet!! And postage at MY cost, I will NOT estimate the postage!! Packing is £1 on top. I will post to you and email the TOTAL cost and you put that in my UK account. NO exceptions sorry!! That way we ALL know it is genuine?? And anyone trying to fleece me WILL be made known to the rest of AI and WILL be taken to court. I don't say this because I am a ballbag, I say it because I mean it. you don't like that OR me then simples (As the furry thing on TV says!). Don't trade!!

Okuma Polycast OPF30 2 spare deep/1 shallow ALI Spools! (Normally just two one plastic and t'other is ali) 4BB Gear ratio 5.0:1 Capacity LBS/YDS. 6/250 , 8/200 ,10/170 Work out the metric yourself!! (I am a BIG hammer engineer!!) Cost me too much!! I WAS selling them at £35 6 years ago so got to be £25??

Fireline Braid Rod, 50LB class, With all logos etc, NEVER used in anger!! Full roller and I think two piece?? Black Blank and to go with it an OKUMA lever drag reel LOADED with around £120 of braid!! Braid is 80LB and is about 5 years old but kept in cold and dark!! This will lift YOU and your kid as well! I bought it to fish the Annual Skate festival in Ireland. Never got there and so never used it!! And I am NOT about to now!! Altogether cost me £150 and for sale now at BEST and final offer over £100!!

Reason for this is I have a VERY nice slipped disc at L4/L5 and I need an operation but will NOT be able to fish again I don't think after the operation. At least NOT at this level and have a LOT of DVD's to keep me happy. So that is why it will ALL go. Anyone got somethi9ng they want?? John Wilson Avon Quiver?? I have one! North Western hand built quiver rod I have one!! Shakespeare 11ft Flattie Basher rod?? I have one! Multipliers, Abu close faced, Daiwa close faced, Silstar, I have take it from me around a couple of thousand pounds of tackle at new prices.

OH yes, the one thing I DO have in abundance is RUBBER LURES!!! From tiny Perch to pErkiing big Trout!! Well not too big!! and these are going cheap!! I spent several thousand pounds before coming o France and still have about a grands worth left!! They are from a UK supplier and will be a LOT cheaper than they can do!

I also just thought/found my Lure chest the other day!! It is a Green Zebco one should have I think 50 in it and has some 80 or so In it, most are ABU. I also have some other LARGER Fladen ones to make around a hundred and LOTS of smaller top water Poppers etc!! ALL NEW NEVER BEEN USED in the main!! I also have a couple of jerk rods and multiplier reels, STIFFY holdall to put them in and altogether you would be looking at I would think Retail about £500?? Again best offer!! You MAy want pictures or a better break down??

Anyway all for now as I am going to be as busy as the Morphine will allow and the back as well! (It's OK taking morphine you know!! VERY good feeling, BUT they DO NOT tell you what LONG term damage they do (Eh Nursie!?) And I am talking like the ad on TV says about BLOOD in a certain part of your anatomy!!! Try imagine passing a baby through your BACK PASSAGE!! BUT without and slime!! Yes?? Think how DRY it would be and then say sorry for me!! Morphine??? PAAAA NOT what they say it is. Does Heroin do the same thing??? Weed never did!)

Bye for now peeps!

I totally agree with Budgie. I have had operations on my back, shoulder, wrist and leg. I have an Epidural in the spine once every 3 months and Co-codamol which is one step below Morphine and even Tramadol which is powdered Morphine now again. I had to have all six front teeth out when hit by an iron bar. Part of the jaw was broken and they can’t fit dentures because of it so I look like gummy bear half the time .Because of that if I drink and yes even smoke it affects all and takes the effects away of the tablets. So 25 years ago I packed up smoking but in 2003 I packed up alcohol (it really had to be done)

I packed up as my best mate since I was 8 and best fishing buddy since we collected minnows on the River Mole died in a motorbike accident 16 years ago. I never ever ever said I would fish again sold my gear and out of my mind in grief burnt 95% of all my fishing photographs and took up falconry mainly as if I did not move around it was worse but started to really enjoy it. I now have a scar in my ear, scar just below my eye and in my hand and wrist thanks to some sharp talons. 4 years ago I smashed 4 ribs falling through a pile of dead wood looking through it for a rabbit when it collapsed. . In 2007 a barbed wire fence when I was climbing over it to get to my falcon twanged back up perforating my tackle and spent some time incapacitated. I was made redundant from British airways when some freakish tossers decided to plough through a set of twin towers in America and after 2 years half the Aeroplane work force were laid off.

But despite all that with the painkillers restricted movement but only if I sit on my arse for too long which hurts my leg and spine and my manhood and no drinking and bad memories of fishing at times I have though F**K it none of this S**T is going to stop me and I have taken it up again after 16 years. I am 50 years old and refuse to let the pain defeat me. I did for many years after my redundancy but getting out with falconry and walking about and getting to see our lovely countryside with the sunsets and the sunrises makes me help with all the pain. As we speak because of the nerves and discs screwed I walk around at the moment as if I have **** in my pants and have a 1 ton weight on my right side but it will get back level in a few days.

My ‘Suggestion’ is to keep the basics. Throw it in the loft out of sight and sound. Then once the back gets back to a reasonable level of healing what is stopping you fishing the Nile or the Ebro?

Sorry for being so forward but I will stake my life on it that at some point you will want to even stick a maggot on a hook and catch a tiny eel and the joy will have been sparked once again .

So get over your back and i might see you out there one day...

I am no prima donna as all is true if someone at your age has not had a operation of some sort then they have had a sheltered boring life or they have just got lucky . NEVER SAY NEVER!...;)

ATVB

Dave.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Hey, if you lot are going to talk him out of selling all his gear can you just wait until after he has sold me the north Western tip rod :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/