Zander cooked in Revenge?

Dave H

I agree I only use wire due to the presence of Pike.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need wire for zander. Their teeth don't shred mono/flouro like pike's teeth do. When lure fishing for zander I use a flourocabon trace as the method is very selective and accidental pike are rare. When bait fishing I use thin, soft wire as the chance of pike increases.

Anders

There is no such thing as Fishing for only zander in zander waters. I have very very rarely had a session where i have not had a pike doing so. I started fishing with mono for Zander but never again as the dreaded happened and the pike hit the bait and was sheered off.

To say zander will not slice through Nylon i can live with but only just but to fish FOR them with it is a no no... ;)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

It's a matter of percentages for me. If I am fishing live or deadbaits in the fens the chance of pike is high, so I will always use wire. If I am vertical jigging on the reservoirs the chance of pike is very low (for various reasons) so I use fluorocarbon. The other main difference is that when bait fishing I'm using trebles and when jigging I'm not. Using wire when jigging might ensure the odd rare pike isn't lost, but it means I miss out on a lot of zander - which is what I'm fishing for!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

me hawk i would say the no no is to post stupid bad information about zander which could make people who know no better to be scared of them and cut the line or not try to remove hook

mr anderoo seems to understand zander and i will look forward to his posts on them

you clearly have never seen one or some one else handles them for you

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

why not his opinion is just as valid as yours

you seem to be of the opinion only what you say is right and others need not post if it disagrees ,its an opinion there's no definable right or wrong in anything

i'm beginning to think you have a drink problem what the heck does your (obviously correct) post in here mean?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Rejoice...72#entry5075972

"spring and summer is when the modifies come out give me winter ant day"

i really think you should get back to the Diablo2 forum

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

why not his opinion is just as valid as yours

you seem to be of the opinion only what you say is right and others need not post if it disagrees ,its an opinion there's no definable right or wrong in anything

i'm beginning to think you have a drink problem what the heck does your (obviously correct) post in here mean?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Rejoice...72#entry5075972

"spring and summer is when the modifies come out give me winter ant day"

i really think you should get back to the Diablo2 forum

oops no idea what modifies is I think I was intending to write noddies but I do not spell very good

for a record I do not drink alcohol and neither do I feel a need to post on every thread and pretend to have knowledge that I clearly do not have there is lots I do not understand in fishing and so only post on ones I understand

I will check out recommended website as it may have more fishing on it

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Guest redfin2
me hawk i would say the no no is to post stupid bad information about zander which could make people who know no better to be scared of them and cut the line or not try to remove hook

mr anderoo seems to understand zander and i will look forward to his posts on them

you clearly have never seen one or some one else handles them for you

He posted good information regarding the use of wire, the fact that you and 'Mr Anderloo' think that it is OK not to do so is plain wrong.

And then you insult as in the last sentence...

You and 'Mr Anderloo' are WRONG...

Get It? :)

He posted good information regarding the use of wire, the fact that you and 'Mr Anderloo' think that it is OK not to do so is plain wrong.

And then you insult as in the last sentence...

You and 'Mr Anderloo' are WRONG...

Get It? :)

Explain why please, bearing in mind the reasons I've already given.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

my issue was about posting original scare story as I worried inexperienced people woul read and be scared and act wrong with them. I am sorry my english and writing is not good enough. those who know Zander will understand and those who do not will have plenty to say

spoof stories are funny but not if peoples go away believing them still think it iresponsae story never mind I will leave you alone

Azree

I'm not getting involved in more stupid arguments either; Redfin you carry on jigging for zander with wire if it makes you feel better ;)