Any plans for the last weekend of the River Season?

Dales

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen a dodgy looking character stood in the kennet above and below hambridge this week though, made me very very jelous!

That would be Rusty justifying his new waders! :rolleyes:

I had a whole day out yesterday - usual mixed bag of fish from an Estate 'above Newbury'. Started with a brace of super dace of 12oz & 13oz and finished with a 1¼lb roach - sandwiched between - numerous chub, roach & dace and the occaisional nuisance brownie. Not fishing this weekend - but will be doing it all again on Weds at a different venue!

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I had a whole day out yesterday - usual mixed bag of fish from and Estate 'above Newbury'. Started with a brace of super dace of 12oz & 13oz and finished with a 1¼lb roach - sandwiched between - numerous chub, roach & dace and the occaisional nuisance brownie. Not fishing this weekend - but will be doing it all again on Weds at a different venue!

C.

Superb Ace Dace brace Chris and the Roach wasn`t bad either ,Popped down to see Rusty in his new kit on Thursday and very smart it looks to....think it`s only coz it`s DE rigueur to get into that funny pub he goes into after fishing though :rolleyes: ,he did have a good Chub last night of 5lb4oz whilst i sat blanking above him though Steve.

edit here he is with that one nil one nil face on smug so and so :lol:

Chubandthings005.jpg

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I had a whole day out yesterday - usual mixed bag of fish from an Estate 'above Newbury'. Started with a brace of super dace of 12oz & 13oz and finished with a 1¼lb roach - sandwiched between - numerous chub, roach & dace and the occaisional nuisance brownie. Not fishing this weekend - but will be doing it all again on Weds at a different venue!

C.

Yep that was me :D

Well done on a great return Chris. We'll be enjoying a more static session tomorrow with the mobile catering facility and Heston's finest burgers, the waders & trotting gear will be going for when I get itchy feet (and I will).

Will be spending a day on the Thames this week in the hope of a monster chub to round off the season, the average size of the fish we've been catching is pretty high so I'm optimistic. More pics of yesterday's 5-04

DSCN0337.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well thats my river season over as I won't get on again before it closes

Fished Saturday and Sunday to try and get a few more decent pike over two different venues

Saturday I had 6 runs without a fish, pulled out of 2 , snapped off on one and three dropped runs

Sunday a different stretch and only one run all day connecting with a nice fish of about 23lb , had it in the net twice and it managed to slip the hook, that was something always on the cards after seeing just how lightly it was hooked in the jaw

The pike have spawned as there was plenty of pike fry in the margins all between one ane one and a half inch's long so the future of piking looks good providing theres enough fry survive

So al in all a decent year even after todays lost fish I finished the season with 5 pike over 20lb with lots in the 18 and 19lb bracket, roll on next Autumn

I managed about three or four hours on the Thames today, upstream of Lechlade. Baited a few swims with mashed bread and then worked my way back to the car. I had one chub of about 3lb, a 4lb1oz and a 4lb. Not a bad few hours.

Have to say, though, the chub I lost last weekend pulled a lot harder than either four pounder :(

I managed about three or four hours on the Thames today, upstream of Lechlade. Baited a few swims with mashed bread and then worked my way back to the car. I had one chub of about 3lb, a 4lb1oz and a 4lb. Not a bad few hours.

Have to say, though, the chub I lost last weekend pulled a lot harder than either four pounder :(

There are some big fish there Steve could have been mate sounds like you had a good day today,Brian sounds like you have had a great Pike season to me well done jealous face icon,Spent day on a middle Kennett trout beat with Rusty had a low double to sardine a few minutes after starting at a spot where i lost the biggun a couple of weeks ago read made ticker go ballistic moment...had another jack and the oblig Trout to bread flake...Rusty had a few Chub and Trout and bombarded the swim with his scatter the bread mash all over technique...he did cook some mean burgers though :clap: Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

...bombarded the swim with his scatter the bread mash all over technique...

Cheeky devil, that was precision feed placement. Don't forget who's writing the blog, I can make it read any way I like. For example your low double may have just scraped 10 in blogland :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back