Last day

JV44

Who is out tomorrow??Rusty and myself heading to the Thames for the second leg of our Thames championship will will suprise him as he doesn`t even know he is in a competition [only decided after i won 2#0 today :whistling: ] will he have to change tactics to take the second leg?? will he change target fish?? will he say i bought the bread it`s my bait and i am going home?? to be continued........

Anyways good luck to anyone who is having a last shot at the rivers have a go if only tomoz evening .....it`s a long time without rivers face .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Good luck both - hope to read about monsters tomorrow :)

I will be out again after work tomorrow, chubbing on the Thames. I had another good evening today, so whatever happens it'll be good. The peace and calm by the river tonight was palpable. The last few days are always tinged with a slight melancholy, and when the weather matches the mood it feels quite wonderful. The hooting of owls and the fluttering of bats added to the show too - and the bats gave me some tremendous bites :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good luck both - hope to read about monsters tomorrow :)

I will be out again after work tomorrow, chubbing on the Thames. I had another good evening today, so whatever happens it'll be good. The peace and calm by the river tonight was palpable. The last few days are always tinged with a slight melancholy, and when the weather matches the mood it feels quite wonderful. The hooting of owls and the fluttering of bats added to the show too - and the bats gave me some tremendous bites :)

Sounds superb Anderoo i can`t seem to conjour any Chub up of late ,Changed target to Pike and had a couple no monsters but puka river Pike and un spawned so having a go tomorrow to see if i can find a big girl ,Did have my rod pulled out of the rest by an mach 2 Duck flying up the river....before i realised that the duck crashing to the surface of the river was to blame i thought it had been the Chub bite to end all Chub bites :lol:

ThamesPike002.jpg Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Nice one Steve, lovely looking pike.

I've done the sensible thing for the last 3 evenings of the season, go back to the best bit of water I found last season which I now know well. The new stretch is still a complete mystery and it doesn't make sense to stubbornly stick at it when times are hard and it's the end of the season. I said at the end of last season that I might go back for a cast or two now and again, and that's exactly what I'm doing! The difference between this year and last year there, is that last year there was a proper flow and the chub were in the slower water down the edges; this year there's still no real flow and all the fish are in the middle.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Only two weeks to go before the rivers open up again for the trout season - don't be thinking you can seamlessly switch.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Only two weeks to go before the rivers open up again for the trout season - don't be thinking you can seamlessly switch.

Very true Ken - I'm looking forward to getting out in the evenings after work with my little 6' #2 rod, trying to tempt those tricky Thames tributary brownies :)

its my busy period ,the clubs river stretches are closed ,some rented waters are closed so the members jostle for places and the overspill ends up here :D

an angler had a 2lb 15oz perch yesterday compared to the average a giant ,it no doubt makes his season

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well we had a go today but the section was having one of it`s no fish or bites days well very few bites anyway...with 3 pools so close together get the transeint travel times right and you have a few get it wrong and nothing zip zilch...Chris had a Chub which i guessed the closet weight wise with Rustys guess well off :rolleyes::whistling: ,More about being there today though Steve

Chris had a Chub which i guessed the closet weight wise with Rustys guess well off :rolleyes::whistling: ,More about being there today though Steve

S'funny, my recollection is different. I guessed 3-08 and you initially went for 3-12 but changed your guess to 3lb when you put the fish in the weighing bag, it weighed 3-15 :P . It was a very quiet end to the season for us but still an enjoyable couple of days at a great venue.

The 'pins will be coming off the rods this weekend :(

It's never a 'six', let's put it back