Where is my child tax money??????

RUDD

I found out 9 days after i got made redundent that i was going to have a child! this was 8 weeks ago, currently i'm not claiming benifit as my wages are still being paid, but once that stops i will claim. I have every intension on finding work as soon as possible as my family is now priority. That said i have worked from the day i left school 10 yers ago. i have paid my tax and NI without fail so i am paying for my own benifit aren't i? Getting back SOME of the monnies i put in.

For as long as i have worked i have never paid for someone else to be unemployed but have supplied monnie for when i have been put out of work.

That's the way i like to look at it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Linda went to the bank this morning to lift the last tenner (payday tomorrow) and she got a pleasant suprise our Tax Credit money is in our bank account. Still nothing to say that wewere getting the Tax credits :-)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

Linda went to the bank this morning to lift the last tenner (payday tomorrow) and she got a pleasant suprise our Tax Credit money is in our bank account. Still nothing to say that wewere getting the Tax credits :-)

Lucky sod. Did you ask for it to be paid monthly (4 weekly)?

quote:

Originally posted by bitsbobs:

Lucky sod. Did you ask for it to be paid monthly (4 weekly)? [/QB]

Yup we did, bloody anoying thing is ... it was in the bank since Friday, we been sitting thinking we were almost skint all weekend when we wernt :mad:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Well Gaffer I did say that you may be unique in that the money taken from you is exactly the same as the Child Tax Credit you will be receiving, most cases I know of there is a net benefit. A women here at work claims that it wii increase her wages by 30%, though I always understood wages to be what you earnt not handouts, she seemed shocked that anyone should question why she should get anything.

Hi All

Just a quick note to give you some info.

If you are waiting for tax credits get down your local tax office & give them a round of fecks, i did this morning & we were told to go down at 12:30.

When we got there they had a cheque waiting for us, as they don't know how much we'll actually be getting they've made us an "advance" payment.

Seeing as my wage only just covers the food, nappies, council tax etc it was very very appreciated.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them