Where is my child tax money??????

RUDD

The council tax is up.

National insurance is up.

Beer tax is up.

They soon take it dont they!!!!!

But where the hell is my working parent tax credit and child tax credit????????

Dropped on Iraq probably.

Filled in the forms months ago online,

havent heard a peep from the inland revenue and cant get through on the national help line.

Tossers

[ 24. April 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat myself! :(

I had a look on their wedsite and they said that they were running a little late for those that wanted weekly payments. They will back pay those out of pocket, so they say. :rolleyes:

I believe the monthly payments will be dished out on the 7th May. (which is one month after the start date)

Everyone i know who filled in the online forms has had to wait (my sister-in-law is still waiting & she filled hers in last year).

Dian & me did it the old fashioned way & used the paper style forms, tax credits are now going into Dians bank account & it only took 4 weeks to sort out :P

[ 24. April 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Alan Fawcett ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

its a stupid idea my mate is well down on his pay , even when he told them he was a single parent he STILL has to fill in the forms

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Isn't this the one that's been in the news, as it's been a monumental cock-up from day one?

The site never works, the phone system always puts you in a queue and the forms had the wrong number of boxes for a bank account, IIRC. Some people were talking about it at a kid's birthday party that I went to yesterday. All of them were waiting for money.

Doesn't affect me, however - working at least six days a week and having a wife who also works stupid hours is seen as a crime in this country. Despite putting a lot into the kitty, we're entitled to nothing :mad: I'd at least feel 'less bad' about it if I thought that those who are entitled to it were getting it and that kids weren't suffering as a result, instead of overpaid bureaucrats wasting it willy-nilly because it's not their money :mad: :mad:

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The postman's just been and in the post was a letter form the Inland Revenue asking if the name and address that my wife put on the original form is correct.

Bearing in mind that my wife filled in the original form back in December, and posted it snail-mail, they've left it 'til now to ask!! :mad:

Oh, and the letter asking if the details are correct were sent to my wife using her name and address!! :confused:

So, what do you think, are they stalling for time or just plain incompetent?!

When you think about it we actually do more work now than the tax office does, & they still waste time & money by messing you around & sending out letters which aren't needed.

If what i've heard is correct the last time Britian was in the "black" was 1999 we've been in the red ever since.

is it any wonder when we have idiots in charge of government offices etc who love to send 5 people to one persons job, send letters out to the same person in triplicate & can't help but waste money in any way possible.?

Maybe we should get rid of the government & put Chesters in charge instead :)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

we filled in form and posted it before december, have wasted money on phones calls just to get a recorded message saying they are busy( and being on low income its money we cant afford)its a bloody shambles, an extra problem is that we know we have to appeal as i lost my job last year and got another one one, but on lower wages, i still had to send them last years P60 even though I told them my salary will be less, was told I would have to ask for a review when we got our award. if we still have not got our award how long before our revision thats place. thousands of people in this position, wonder if they would wait this long for my council tax payments.

If we were all paid a decent wage we would not have to rely on tax credits, they say the national average is £24000 a year, I'm on £13000, so how the hell do they work that one out. Perhaps we should all revolt.