overheard conversations

chesters1

i was in the social today waiting to get a form signed regarding my mrs disability and overheard these conversations ,lets set the scene i am standing in a que by a sign saying "wait here" infront of me are 3 "cubicals" but only 1 open .

cubical 1 words to the effect of (but very close to)" AH your name is Mr Habib" MR Habib nods "have you a Nat Ins Number? " Mr Habib Nods , "have you applied for a number Mr Habib" Mr Habib nods , "Can you speak english Mr Habib" Mr Habib Nods ,"are you learning to speak english Mr Habib " Mr Habib nods ," have you any form of identity Mr Habib ?" Mr Habib nods but produces nothing, " woman goes to back of office and is back after speaking to another person , "please sign here Mr Habib" Mr Habib signs ,customer service slides a giro under the screen (too far away to see value),Mr Habib leaves

i move forward in line.

miss the opening after being struck by snot nosed brat who`s mother stands outside smoking fag ,chap seems to be being checked using passport as identity "i will have to check with immigration??? as i haven seen an Algerian passport before ,gets on the phone and painstakingly DESCRIBES the pasport for five minutes ," mr ???? how long have you been in the country" ,Mr ???? in good english i have been here 3 years. "did you come as an asylem seeker " Mr ???? nods and says yes .

" have you had a decision about your status Mr ???"

"no" MR ???? says. "have you the paperwork that immigration gave you Mr ???? " ,"no" MR ???? says.

"what happenened to it "says a puzzeled looking interveiwer, "it was taken from me by the Algerian immigration people"says the chap

"Err how did they get them :confused: " she askes , "when i went back on holiday they took them" he says ,"when you went back on holiday "she says,eyes bulging noticable from even my position ,she then takes away passport photocopies it and gets him to sign the copies , "thank you Mr ???? we`l be intouch ",the chap leaves.

i move forward ,a scruffy wild haired chap sits down "AH Mr X what can we do for you today (obviasly known to the "teller")"i lost me F**KING Giro " he says "What again Mr X" "ive lost me F**KING GIRO" his voice rises "And i lent my mate £20" " Again MR X " the lady says "I WANT A F**KING GIRO NOW " a much agitated Mr X says , The lady goes to the back of the office and 5 mins later comes back with a giro ,"sign here " she says ,he does he leaves grinning from ear to ear.

i sit down "can i help you sir" the lady says "yes can you sign this form ,my mrs needs it to get her prescription ,she is disabled" "OK have you any form of I.D. "she asks " ERR no i say " " you MUST provide 2 forms of I.D. before i can sign that" she said "they must be "official" ones such as a NINO card or full driving licence ,a passport or birth certificate mind you "

i left fuming before i went ballistic

i will return next week With the I.D. and hopefully a different and hopefully more pretty girl will serve me :mad:

I am insinuating nothing here ,i have heard it with my own ears and saw with my own eyes ,i "believe" (eh Newt) there is something drastically wrong with the system ,i shall say nothing else :mad:

[ 05. December 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And that, my dear old Chesters, is why the Government are wasting millions of pounds a year in tax payers money. Handing it out to wasters who have no intention of giving anything back and neglecting to support those that REALLY need the money.

GREAT (??) Britain ??? My ars....er bottom... :mad:

9 Times out of ten you're quite right to blame the government.

Chris.

Hi all

hey chesters ive been in those offices and can picture the scene well unfortunatly its a scene ive seen in kent and in most other offices ive been in but apart from the row of illegals taking ten minutes off from there full time,but underpaid jobs to grab a free giro for there ever increasing familys. :D

its the local people that make me laugh as ive heard allsorts of excuses from "my babys got no nappys and the electric is low"to what chesters put it as i got my f###ing giro nicked i need some f###ing money.even to the fruitless ends of kicking and punching anything that will break(in front of small kids etc). :rolleyes:

people in folkstone and all around have used the scam where they get a friend to go and cash there giro and then the real giro owner reports it as stolen so they can get another the same day while paying the friend off for his/her help.

atleast in folkstone if you got rowdy then the assistant helping would go for a cup of tea which ended up with the rowdy person leaving or security throwing him/her out. :D

sometimes a calm mouth and patience is all it takes to get what you need,the time it takes can take the p#ss and the normal sucidal music those places play can make your patience wear thin but i could think of worse places to be for an hour or 4 NOT!!

right gotta go me f###ing baby needs a f###ing p#ss and me electrics are gonna go cause its been abit stressful cos of this level im stuck on,on the playstation so ive been up all night wasting the lecky.(edited version so you can understand otherwise its f word f f f f f) :D

i must say in defence of illegals that in some dole offices its them that have better english than some locals going in there(some that is) :D

billy

now now billie i didnt mention any thing about illegals ,i blame the parents and remember you would be talking just the same as the english ones if i had`nt dragged your mum away from there to civilisation :P:D

[ 06. December 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm surprised at you Chesters1,I thought you would have worked out ways around this sort of thing by now.

One option is to just thrust your papers at them and answer all questions with a grunt.It seems to work for foreigners.

Another one,and potentially much more amusing, is to wear some sort of earpiece and feign complete deafness.

Think of all the fun you could have.